Quantcast

What happens when the CEO has a meeting next to your office?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
There was a big meeting today of all the top executives, including the CEO, to go over the exit of the old CEO.

I, of course, did not realize this until the meeting was over. So these are the things I did today:

Walk right by the conference room with my bike, soaking wet from the rainstorm
Chat about Sunday's ride outside of the conference room
Surf RM most of the day

As soon as I saw the CEO walk out of the room, I had a sick feeling. But nothing bad has happened, yet, and I am now eating the remains of their catered lunch.

cirKus

Monkey
Hell yea, good work, I like your style, If I was a CEO I'd hire you, he probably saw you and was like, "That guy has intiatitve. Riding his bike to work in a rainstorm. Dammit Don where can we find more guys like him."

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I was in the elevator with my road bike last week and just before the doors closed the CEO made a dash for the door. I had no idea what he would say, but I held the door for him.

When he got in, he just smiled and said "Just don't let them see you on the second floor".

Good call on the productive work day, you were as busy as me :D

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If you had broke wind really loud, I guess that might have been awkward.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I just read that and started laughing out loud, and it's really hard to make me laugh at a computer screen. Good work, Sanjuro.

I don't think he'll do anything.

J

JRB

I would worry Sanjuro. The last time I saw it happen, I was fired. Not that you need to worry. :devil:

cephas01

Chimp
Jul 27, 2005
dude that is great, i wish i worked in an office so i could do that, but i don't so boo hoo, oh well, i still talk about my rides with my co workers but it is santioned in a way, hope you don't get fired, keep it up man

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
What I really messed up was the company-wide ceremony/party for the leaving CEO. I heard there was beer/wine/sushi there, but I had to keep working for the RM surfing I do.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
sanjuro said:
What I really messed up was the company-wide ceremony/party for the leaving CEO. I heard there was beer/wine/sushi there, but I had to keep working for the RM surfing I do.
Did they send you an invite? Intel used to do that, then at the bottom of the email, it would say "Blue badge only event". At Intel, the contractors have a green badge and a BIG "X" in your email addy (ie joeX.shmoe@intel.com) yet still send to ALL. As if filtering the email list would be hard or something.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I'm the CEO where I work, so it's never really been an issue :p

We CEO-types like guys who bike to work in the rain, so you should be in the clear :p

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
sanjuro said:
There was a big meeting today of all the top executives, including the CEO, to go over the exit of the old CEO.

I, of course, did not realize this until the meeting was over. So these are the things I did today:

Walk right by the conference room with my bike, soaking wet from the rainstorm
Chat about Sunday's ride outside of the conference room
Surf RM most of the day

As soon as I saw the CEO walk out of the room, I had a sick feeling. But nothing bad has happened, yet, and I am now eating the remains of their catered lunch.
it's nice to know that george costanza is alive and well.