Quantcast

What I think is awesome............

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
What engine is in that thing? I saw something like that about a year ago out here. I don't think it was the same thing. But it was open cab like that and the engine was in the back. Could've been the same thing.
08 Honda K20 (245hp stock, or 300 supercharged optional).

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Because I didn't study for my New Venture Creation: Business Plan Management Exam tomorrow what I currently find awesome is:

Day classes are canceled for Monday, March 2nd due to hazardous weather. Employees are on Plan A.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
My truck didn't lay out (on purpose) but the frame was about 2" off the ground when dumped.
That's still super low. i love lowriders.

I guess you can't really use the truck bed for hauling anything around if it goes as low as that dualie, can you? The axle and wheels come all the way through the floor of the bed when they're that low.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
K20's are the awesome. I had a JDM K20A in my 01 Integra, you could run the thing out to 9.5k.
was the 01 tegra still the body style with four round headlights? do they even make the tegras anymore? Or are they just in japan now? I remember seeing something that looked similar to an acura rsx, but it said Type R on the side of it.

those engines are sick. So reliable and so fast. Just cost lots of coin. I've seen a few 92 civic hatchbacks with that engine in them. Super clean. Would be a blast to drive.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
was the 01 tegra still the body style with four round headlights? do they even make the tegras anymore? Or are they just in japan now? I remember seeing something that looked similar to an acura rsx, but it said Type R on the side of it.

those engines are sick. So reliable and so fast. Just cost lots of coin. I've seen a few 92 civic hatchbacks with that engine in them. Super clean. Would be a blast to drive.
I did a JDM front end Conversion

Heres some pics of mine

After I got the side molding, emblems, rear washer, antenna and spoiler shaved

Individual Throttle Bodies I made for the B18 before I got the K20a

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Individual Throttle Bodies I made for the B18 before I got the K20a

[/QUOTE]

Man, that car is nice. Pretty much a sleeper. Super clean. It's nice to see some car enthusiasts on this forum. I'm a huge car enthusiast. Looks like you know more than your fair share if you could figure out how to make individual throttle bodies for your tegra. Those setups are rare as hell. I've seen a few setups like that on VW's (late 80's GTI's). I bet it sounded hella cool. Those velocity stacks make cars sound pretty mean when you stomp on em.

I had an old skool BMW 2002 that had sidedraft webers. That thing sounded mean when i'd romp on it. But i never had enough money to get it running right, so i unloaded it. Wish i could kick myself in the junk now.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I believe the US version uses a GM powerplant with about the same output.
:stupid:

I couldn't find the US spec, but it's a Chevy 4 built stout IIRC. I haven't looked since a friend of mine pulled his deposit. He had one spec'ed and was nearly done but got cold feet and bought a Nismo 350z instead.

Oregon weather isn't conducive to open cockpit rolling 9 months out of the year.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
:

Oregon weather isn't conducive to open cockpit rolling 9 months out of the year.
That's like Utar. That's why i wouldn't get a moto. Too many months where they'd have to sit and not be ridden. I don't like paying for things if i'm not using them.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's like Utar. That's why i wouldn't get a moto. Too many months where they'd have to sit and not be ridden. I don't like paying for things if i'm not using them.
I ride an average of 9 months a year, but it's far from ideal. I rode on Saturday even though I got rained on and froze the whole way home (60 miles). Today is sunny and I will skip out at lunch and ride the bike back.

My brother lives in Santa Cruz and rides year round.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I think my server racks are awesome.

Notice how well laid out the cabling is since we now have a full time lab manager to take care of everything. :rolleyes:

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
:stupid:

I couldn't find the US spec, but it's a Chevy 4 built stout IIRC. I haven't looked since a friend of mine pulled his deposit. He had one spec'ed and was nearly done but got cold feet and bought a Nismo 350z instead.

GM Eco-tech engine.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
this is like saying "my lady has a great ass" then showing us colon cam pix

ed: iou rep on your old truck
Dude, that is only one rack, I have 6 of them like that (some are worse). Not to mention the fact we have a crew of electrical contractors that have been here for over a year I am still blowing fuses left and right.

I will take a shot of the coax rack. It's even better because all the cables are black. Tracing them is a joy to behold.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
awesome according to manimal:

my first love

my youngest learning to ride (and starting out even crazier than noah)

my mom's shirt in '78. i never noticed until recently the bike print on her shirt. i asked her about and she said she made the shirt herself.

groms racing

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
On Manimals note, this is awesome.

This as well.

Minus the dyed black hair...I don't know what he was thinking, but it was his hair he can do with it what he wishes. This was a couple years ago...he has long since grown out of the hair.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I've always like the weird old volvo's for some reason.

Rockabilly trucks are cool

Old vw's are awesome when done correctly.

And of course, STI's.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
I think my server racks are awesome.

Notice how well laid out the cabling is since we now have a full time lab manager to take care of everything. :rolleyes:
This pic reminded me of this.

[URL=http://www.roflposters.com/a-network-cable-is-unplugged-youre-flicked/942850/]a network cable is unplugged - funny motivational posters galleries[/URL]