Quantcast

wHAT IS A NICE CHEAP $ BIKE

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Have a sun and ski sports near you?

Always blowing out Haros. Pretty cheap, and decent rides.

Buddy, i suggest just hitting up every bike shop in your area, over the course of a week or so. because i just bought my girlfriend a decent fuji with alright suspension, v-brakes and (sadly) not-disc-brake-compatible wheels for $250 and then a week later my friend went to the same bike shope and got a Very decent Ironhorse with good disks, shimano and truvativ components for $219. So in my experiance it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. also ask the shops if their planning any upcoming specials/sales that might work to your advantage. g'luck

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
tell me your budget. I race for Sycamore Cycles in Brevard. They have a full fleet of demo bikes at the shop that you can test ride before you buy. All the new '06 stuff and some '05s as well. Tell Keith or Wes that Butch sent you and I'm certain they will be very good to you. Plus, you will literally be a 5 minute bike ride from the best trails in all of Pisgah. Call them at 828-877-5790 and they'll set you up on a test ride. They're blowing out a lot of 05 stuff for the companies they rep and now would be a good time to snag one.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
oh...and if you're new to the area...just drive toward Trace Ridge and just keep going on the 5 lane until you see Taco Bell..about 15 minutes past Mills River Rd. At the 4 way intersection turn left and Sycamore is right there on your left. First building.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Biker9190 said:
THanks i am a local and i love sycamore cycles and my price rang is about $800 to $2000
they are blowing out the 2005 Enduro with Fox 36 fork on the front for I think. It has a 5th Element on it but you can upgrade to the DHX for less than a $100.00 bucks.
To see the parts spec, go to www.specialized.com and in the search function up top, type the word Enduro . Then when it pulls them up, scroll down and click on Page 2. It is the 2005 Enduro Expert. Retail is over $3500!!! It is speced SICK!

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
the demo 8-9 seem a little out of your price range unless you could somehow get a deal on one used. You could probably find a Kona Stinky for under 2000 used if you look around.

parson153

Chimp
Oct 10, 2005
yo i got a werx 7 two rings up front with a bash guard and a 7 inch single crown. it's super versitile, Ive jumped 30' triples with it, rode it on snowshoes downhill and rode xc at green river lake with it, a do it all bike. its in the classified section, complete for 1250.00. or frame and fork for 750.00

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Don't know if you're asking me or the other dude but I'll sell my BH in the low-thousand range depending on what parts I keep and what goes. No pic handy right this moment.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
JeffD said:
Don't know if you're asking me or the other dude but I'll sell my BH in the low-thousand range depending on what parts I keep and what goes. No pic handy right this moment.

I can say that it is a very nice bike, and it is decked out with some goodies!!!

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i'm selling my '04 big hit frame for pretty cheap. excellent condition with rear shock, headset, seatpost and bottom bracket.

either way, there are enough local people that have stuff for sale that i'm sure you can get a good deal on a FS bike to fit your needs.