Quantcast

What is everyone getting their SO for Christmas...unless of course they post here...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Congrats Joker.

So, check this out. This year my wife decided that we would not get each other anything and instead we would help a needy family. Which is all fine and good except I am learning that first world needy children are not exactly living like kids in Haiti. The three kids we are helping out have x box games on their list which of course means they have an x box, there are dvd movies on the list so that means they have a dvd player, but the real kicker was when one of the kids asked for an Ipod touch. WTF, first world problems.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Congrats Joker.

So, check this out. This year my wife decided that we would not get each other anything and instead we would help a needy family. Which is all fine and good except I am learning that first world needy children are not exactly living like kids in Haiti. The three kids we are helping out have x box games on their list which of course means they have an x box, there are dvd movies on the list so that means they have a dvd player, but the real kicker was when one of the kids asked for an Ipod touch. WTF, first world problems.
Dude, fvck that noise. I hope you aren't going along with that....that's pretty BS.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Last year I got her a fire pit for the back yard. She was STOKED. :D

This year I'm getting her a french fry cutter, some things to cook hard boiled eggs w/out the shells, a cheese making kit, some special soap and bathroom type stuff, etc.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Congrats Joker.

5 best toys of ALL TIME.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
We've promised not to get each other anything. However every time we've agreed on this in the past she has cheated and made me look like a jerk. So I'll get her a gift certificate for a massage. If she gets me something I'll have it as a backup so I don't look bad. If she doesn't I'll give it to her as a random gift in January.
Or save for Valentines day...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Congrats Joker.

Maybe you can swing a Blu-Ray player for them. I'm heartbroken that anyone should be forced to watch their movies in standard def. It's just sad.

In all seriousness, that is kind of BS. Sorry, but I don't think anyone in the US reaaaallly lives in 'poverty' for the most part when it comes down to it. I think that's one of the main reasons I signed up for Big Brothers, is I would rather donate my time and see the difference that donate money to who knows where.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Congrats Joker.

may i direct you to this post here.....

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I ended up getting her a Garmin Nuvi, tickets to Cirque du Soleil and some other little stocking stuffer BS.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
She mentioned about 6 months ago she wanted to fly a kite. So I got a little kite to put in her stocking, along with an Adele DVD, some misc Victoria's Secret stuff, lotions and chapstick. She is seriously a pain to shop for. I asked her for probably the last six months if there is anything she wants and couldn't get an answer...so hopefully I do ok, especially since this is our first married Christmas. I think she was just more exciting getting the tree and decorating.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Get them these: Klipsch Image S4 In-Ear Headphones Here: http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Klipsch-Image-S4-In-Ear-Headphones/6359114/product.html?cid=202290&kid=9553000357392&track=pspla&kw={keyword}&adtype=pla

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
She mentioned about 6 months ago she wanted to fly a kite. So I got a little kite to put in her stocking, along with an Adele DVD, some misc Victoria's Secret stuff, lotions and chapstick. She is seriously a pain to shop for. I asked her for probably the last six months if there is anything she wants and couldn't get an answer...so hopefully I do ok, especially since this is our first married Christmas. I think she was just more exciting getting the tree and decorating.
Then you are spending too much money if a tree makes her happier