Quantcast

what is the smallest freewheel for a 14mm axle?

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
I have a DMR 14mm bmx hub and i am wondering what is the smallest freewheel i can run. I have a 16t currently and just bought a 13t only to realize it is for a flip flop hub. Does any one know of anything that willl fit?

prana.ferox

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
Seattle, WA
For a standard threaded hub the smallest freewheel you can commonly get is a 16T. I have heard tale of a 15T, but it is "very rare and hard to find." Perhaps someone around here can point you in the right direction on that one (in fact, I would be quite interested to know, as I have the same issue with my hub). All ACS freewheels, for example, w/ fewer than 16T are for flip flop hubs.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
hes looking for the standard bmx thread on freewheel. not cogs for a free hub..
ah sorry
well i have a coalition cass hub 14mm with a 12T thread on freewheel.
i didn't want the 9t 1 pc driver so they include 10,11,12T freewheels that thread on.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
will the coalition freewheels fit a standard 14mm thread? I have the Integral 13t but it doesn't look like it is going to match up i dont have the freewheel tools to find out but as far as i can tell its not

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Without a flip flop your stuck with a 16.... I have also heard there was a 15 to fit the big side but like previously stated real hard to find.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
will the coalition freewheels fit a standard 14mm thread? I have the Integral 13t but it doesn't look like it is going to match up i dont have the freewheel tools to find out but as far as i can tell its not
axle size has no impact on the size of freewheel for the hub body. you have standard and flip flop hubs. standard low as 16t and flip flop(small side) low as 14.

prana.ferox

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
Seattle, WA
Your 9T is a cassette driver. It's a completely different kind of connection to the hub. Also, as mentioned earlier, axle diameter is utterly beside the point.

VSBJake

Chimp
Jul 21, 2006
NoVa
AC racing makes a 15T that fits standard english threads. Or the Dk 12T for the smaller metric threads.

prana.ferox

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
Seattle, WA
Thanks, Jake. I've been trying to remember the name for a while now. The AC Racing 888 15t fits standard large threaded hub. I'm pretty sure they're out of production, but you can probably ebay one (as I did about 5 minutes ago).