Quantcast

What is wrong with my 360?

khan.cross

Chimp
Jan 12, 2009
Please check out my vid and see what I am doing wrong. I feel that I my rotation is not powerfull enough.
I have also a problem that I land to wide left instead of the middle.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
You didn't really spin it. You kinda just carved off the lip and kept looking. You need a bit more effort. Right idea though. The most common mistake is not keeping your head turned. Just put in some more effort when you leave the lip.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
maybe you should try 180's on to the deck of a box jump or something. Then as you get better learn how to spin the 360 off of a smaller jump so you can get the feel of ho to spin.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Do you realize you're doing it "goofy-foot".... i.e. your left foot is forward and you are also turning left ?

Although a lot of people can nail 360's that way, the more normal way is to spin to the side your back foot is on.... So if you have your left foot forward you would spin to the right.....

Anyway.... you're pretty close... if you had more speed, air time, and an actual landing to aim for, i think you'd land it...

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
be in a right hand carve as you come up to the lip. keep your bike as straight as you can until you get in the air, all the angular preload is from your body. the more you pop off your back trie the more your ft end will come down. try it flat land and get the feel of really torquing your body and popping of the rear.
sick foam pit set up. how did you work that out?

khan.cross

Chimp
Jan 12, 2009
the pit is quite easy

made a box out of old car tires, put a complete layer of car tires at the bottom. then throw any kind of foam in it.
what is so special on it?

go to polsteries near to you and buy as much foam as you can.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
sweet foam pit. i'm learning 360's myself. i got them down at rays but i'm having a hard time pulling them on dirt...i think it's a commitment issue.

my son and i learning 180/360's in the foam pit. i had a hard time get around quickly like a lot of the guys on 20's.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
sweet foam pit. i'm learning 360's myself. i got them down at rays but i'm having a hard time pulling them on dirt...i think it's a commitment issue.

my son and i learning 180/360's in the foam pit. i had a hard time get around quickly like a lot of the guys on 20's.
It really is all in your head. I as just trying them on a small step up double I built at my spot. You just have to commit or eat sh!t.