Quantcast

What is your favorite type of riding to WATCH?

What is your favorite type of riding to WATCH?

• Freeriding

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Downhilling

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • Dirt Jumping

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • BMX

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Road Riding

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cross Country

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Trials

Votes: 6 7.8%

• Total voters

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
There are mostly Freeride and BMX videos out there, I know there are a few DH, fewer road, and I don't know about XC.

What is your favorite type of riding to watch and why?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I don't have a genre. If it is done well I like it. Crappy fr and crappy dh are still the same...crap.

I dont particularily like street and djing. I like them for segments but some movies take them to far and bore me.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Roasted said:
I don't have a genre. If it is done well I like it. Crappy fr and crappy dh are still the same...crap.

I dont particularily like street and djing. I like them for segments but some movies take them to far and bore me.
:stupid:

Yeah, as long as it's put together well I like it. I do find that watching some good freerider types hittiing the big drops and such is impressive, as is watching trials riders.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I'd have to say DS. There's just something about DS- its 100% riding skills, not elbow skills. DH is a very close second. DS gets it by a nose only b/c you can see the entire course, and nothing beets side-by-side drama. But only of the course doesn't suck.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
for me it would be dh, bmx, and trials in that order. mtb street just can not compete with bmx street so i avoid those vids.

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
for me its freeriding, it just something about the "clackity clack clack" sound of wood under the tires that does it for me. although freeriding gets ragged on a lot i think it has enormous potential and descent to watch.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
freeriding, mainly because the camera can focus on the rider (during the 'big stunt') a lot easier that stringing together uninterrupted footage of a DH run, even as little as 15 seconds.

i always thought that the OLN coverage of DH events should start w/ a helmet cam of the rider, w/ a graphic on the side of the screen showing where he was on the course. when they showed the actual race, you saw about 4% of the total course, which was a huge disappointment.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
for movies i would say freeride, but for live tv coverage its gotta be bmx, they put alot more time into it, i guess because its more mainstream.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Any kind that involves me being able to look down and see the ground moving, the trees whizzing by, and has a beer handed to me at the end of it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like to watch trail riding, from the perspective of my bike.

The few videos I've seen drive me nuts with the short attention span assembly of multiple quick takes. The only thing I really watch is the Tour, but even then I usually listen to the TV while doing something else.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Sure, I'd rather be riding, but I like videos. Straight DH racing vids are the best out there for me. It gets me kind of pumped to watch guys just pin it down a course. I like spectating as well....

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Its tough to say.. i really like watching road racing.. when you realize whats going on its so much more interesting than guys riding a bike for hours...
BMX is cool with all the tricks.. as is watching the downhillers bomb down the hill on the brink of contorl.. but my favorite I guess would be labelled as freeriding... I like watching riders carve a singletrack with plenty of techinical riding.. lots of flow... I find i can place myself in there and look at the lines they are taking

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
The various freeride videos are really the only ones I can sit through. I do watch bits and pieces of the TdF, but usually only the ends of the stages.