Quantcast

What is your shock??

MarinR00

Monkey
Aug 27, 2007
Iraq
The “Rock Shox Revelation??” got me thinking.

Right now I run the stock Rock Shox Recon 335 fork and X-fusion shock that came with my bike (Specy, FSRxc Comp). I was thinking about upgrading but I am unsure what an upgrade will get me, since there really isn’t a chance to ‘test drive’ a nice suspension system.

I was looking at a Fox Shox Float Rear Shock (as recommended by Mountain Bike Action as an upgrade) and a Fox 32 Vanilla R Suspension 2008 Fork.

I’m also looking to stay under $500 for the fork. I do primarily XC, single track to just goof around and some racing. Just seeing if anyone out here thinks if it is worth to upgrade or what I would get with the upgrade. Is it worth it, or should I just buy $500 worth of beer or something!!

Thanks!

Whitz End

Chimp
Jan 23, 2008
Jumanji
A '32 Vanilla R fork is not going to give you all that much adjustability...virtually only rebound and preload. While the fork feels very nice, this is its main let down. The Revalation on the otherhand will at the very least, give you rebound and Motion Control damping/compression adjust to lockout. Depending on the model, youll also get travel adjust too. I think its pretty much spot on for what you want. The dual-air versions are of course going to be lighter then your Recon, and stiffer too, so they will handle abuse a little better.

In regards to the rear shock, you wouldnt go wrong with a Fox but you might want to consider the RP series which feature the ProPedal plaftorm valving which will eliminate much of the 'rider imput' such as pedal bob and so on.

Good luck mate!