Quantcast

What OLDER DH/FR videos inspired you?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I remember a few from back in the day that really pumped me up for riding... (NWD etc.)

what videos can you think of that you enjoyed?

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Kranked 3 really got me started in the freeride scene. It still is my favorite bike movie.

NWD 1 blew my mind when it came out. I remember going out and hucking everything I could find after watching it.

Run to the Hills. hands down, best mountain bike movie ever made.

NWD5 really got me stoked to ride big bikes again. (at the time I was just riding street/park)

-KT

nh dude

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Vt
the first earth. the music and the riding was out of control. the music of earth 2 was just as motivating to get out and pin it. ill have to second chainsmoke also watching lars tribus pedal drift out of that berm in the mud was awesome.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
NSX II or III, I can't remember which, but it had a segment of Wade riding so smooth. I have not seen a rider as smooth or fluid since. That's what got me stoked on riding on bigger bikes, no doubt.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
Superheros!!!!

Yeah, RTTH is still the best movie ever made and nothing else can compare. ever.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Bragging Rights. Made me want to kick out like Cully did on every imaginable hits. It's the only video a Litespeed Machette frame was ever featured too. That means a lot.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but whatever...

Double Down. Krispy was sick.
NWD 1, just because its the first vid I saw.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Hey Luc,
You should have watched that video in the bottom left corner BEFORE you shattered your heel.
Live and learn man, live and learn. : )
Believe it or not - I did watch it before I imploded my hoof! :( As much as I wish that accident had never happened, I tend to think these kind of things makes you stronger.

Since that accident I keep getting more and more stoked on riding, which I cannot say the same before the accident. I liked riding before the accident, but after the accident is when riding pretty became my "raison d'être".

Wish I had a VHS to watch these vids again - or even digitalize them.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Lessee what I got in my little box here...

Superheroes
Kranked
Suspect
Union
NSX
Double Down
Third Down
NWD
Chain Reaction
Earthed

there's more somewhere around here. I guess if I rode as much as I watched movies, I might achieve mediocrity!

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
what's up with your hand?

I got plenty of movies - I also have hundreds of MTB DVD's :thumb:
I crashed in indoor 4X practice a few weeks ago. I broke my 4th and 5th metacarapals, hamite, and scaphoid. I'm out for another 3 weeks. It was overdue though, I haven't had a big injury in a while.

-KT