Quantcast

What pegs?

Slug

Chimp
Oct 21, 2002
LGC nor*cal
I am buying a BMX and I was looking at getting a pair of pegs for it. There are so many I can't decide. Will be for street/park. I am looking for something relatively inexpensive but good quality. Whats the best bang for your buck peg?

Ifelloffabike

Monkey
Apr 14, 2003
Strong Island Ny
i sware the one thing that sometimes gets on my nerves about mtn bikers is that they over analize EVERY bike part.

Pegs are really simple round peices of cromo (unless you get into $60 ti pegs). Just go down to your local bike shop and see if they have anything on sale or just cheep. If you really need a suggestion Dk pipebombs are nice and thick and strong. You really dont have to worry about breaking pegs because you will bend the axle long before you wreck the peg. If you really grind that much that you wear through the peg they are a cheep part to replace. It really doenst matter, just get something that is smooth all around with no knurling around it.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Originally posted by Ifelloffabike
i sware the one thing that sometimes gets on my nerves about mtn bikers is that they over analize EVERY bike part.

Pegs are really simple round peices of cromo (unless you get into $60 ti pegs). Just go down to your local bike shop and see if they have anything on sale or just cheep. If you really need a suggestion Dk pipebombs are nice and thick and strong. You really dont have to worry about breaking pegs because you will bend the axle long before you wreck the peg. If you really grind that much that you wear through the peg they are a cheep part to replace. It really doenst matter, just get something that is smooth all around with no knurling around it.
what he said

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
Yeah, just pick some. They're all just metal tubes. If you want to grind with them try and get the smaller diameter kind with a smooth surface. They'll work the best.

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
No, no, no.....get the MacNeil Ti pegs, decide you don't like them and then sell them to me at an 80% discount, or better yet 90% discount!