Quantcast

what size BB shell on the turner

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Acadian
With an E13 SRS guide use a 113mm spindle for best chain line.

118 would also work, but the chainline wouldn't be as good as with a 113mm
Also depends on which end of the cogset you spend most of your time on.;)

You really use a 113?

I've got an mrp with a 118 mm spindle. This is also what I remember being reccomended by turner. I originally had a 113 spindle on my bike and my heel was hitting the swingarm every once in a while. The cranks (race face turbine) were also really close...........too close.

Then again you have the ugly new frame. Who knows what's going on there.:D

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
When I e-mailed turner about what spindle length to use with the EVIL guide, I got this response...

...David Turners personal DH bike has an evil guide with a 113mm bb....for what ever that is worth.

Thanks
Casey

Guess what size im using??? Works good. Only problem is to get the guide to be set up ideal like the instructions say i will have to grind off the granny ring nubs from the underside of my raceface NS cranks. (i hear thats true with 118 also....) I decided not to and instead put a shim washer under the top guide plate to suck up the distance. I know it might be wrong, but it works.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
a few things have changed since, like the saddle, black Boxxer lowers and 521 rear wheel...but other than that it's pretty much it.
You need to bring that thing up here so you can finally get it REALLY dirty.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by oly
When I e-mailed turner about what spindle length to use with the EVIL guide, I got this response...

...David Turners personal DH bike has an evil guide with a 113mm bb....for what ever that is worth.

Thanks
Casey

Guess what size im using??? Works good. Only problem is to get the guide to be set up ideal like the instructions say i will have to grind off the granny ring nubs from the underside of my raceface NS cranks. (i hear thats true with 118 also....) I decided not to and instead put a shim washer under the top guide plate to suck up the distance. I know it might be wrong, but it works.
I'm planning on getting an evil guide this summer. I guess I should throw the 113 back on and check it out. I don't remember the granny ring nubs rubbing on the mrp though I wouldn't have ridden it if they were.......maybe just an evil thing.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
do you see or hear anybody laugh?
Yes, I always hear laughing. Especially when I'm showering or trying to sleep. I've learned to ignore it over the years.

But I do remember you having to get the spider on your cranks machined so that they would fit on your bike......or something like that.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Oly...what are you talking about? I use 113 and have NO rubbing problems!
Luc,

How is your guide setup? Spacers under it or flush to the frame? I cant tell what cranks you have but arent they middleburn or something. My raceface NS rubbed when i tried to spacer the guide so the 2 parts of the guide are flush like in the setup instructions. Maybe i have something else setup wrong.......

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by kidwoo
Hey oly. I thought I remembered this

Looks like you're not the only one.
HAHA.

So to solve my issue my guide isnt 100% correct, but it works. The top has a few spacers under the upper guide, and the bottom is technically out of alingment, but it works fine.