Quantcast

what size Dainese?

xgirrrrl

Chimp
May 10, 2002
Tahoe! , Baby!
I am going to buy a new Dainese safety jacket, I am a chick, 5'5" 120 lbs. What size should I get? I am thinking meduim. It cost a lot of money to get the wrong size and suffer with it. Thanks!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
xgirrrrl said:
I am going to buy a new Dainese safety jacket, I am a chick, 5'5" 120 lbs. What size should I get? I am thinking meduim. It cost a lot of money to get the wrong size and suffer with it. Thanks!
I am a girl, and match your height/weight pretty closely, and I wear a small. Medium would most likely be way too huge.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
My wife is 5'8" 130 and she wears a small. The back protector was a little long and kept poking her in the upper butt so I took off the bottom piece and it fits great now.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Kanter said:
My wife is 5'8" 130 and she wears a small. The back protector was a little long and kept poking her in the upper butt so I took off the bottom piece and it fits great now.
5'8"??? How is that possible? The sleeves on my Small are getting short and I'm only 5'5". Also, the back piece should come down to just about the seat when sitting..it is supposed to protect your tailbone/coccyx (sp?) as well.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
She has short arms and long legs. :) The back protector was halfway down her butt and bothered her.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Kanter said:
She has short arms and long legs. :) The back protector was halfway down her butt and bothered her.
Gotcha, weight wise it's perfect, I was wondering how the hell the sleeves weren't at her elbows, that's all. That is where the backpiece is supposed to be, heh. Mine tends to push down riding pants in the back.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Transcend said:
Gotcha, weight wise it's perfect, I was wondering how the hell the sleeves weren't at her elbows, that's all. That is where the backpiece is supposed to be, heh. Mine tends to push down riding pants in the back.
I'm 5'11", 175lbs, Large? You have any in stock?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Transcend said:
Her Dianeses is more for confidence than protection. If you know what I mean.

Im 5'9" at 180 and I wear a large and it is tight but I have a big upper body.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Sherpa said:
I'm 5'11", 175lbs, Large? You have any in stock?
large/xl borderline. Weight wise L, but height-wise probably XL.

I'm not at the office, but I am pretty sure I have nexts and regulars in stock in large. If not I have stuff arriving in about 2 weeks.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
DHS said:
i'm exactly that. and i wear a medium.
Unless you have very short arms, or a very old suit this is probably really small on you. I can easily wear a medium and the arms/waist height are just about perfect.

The older suits used to be a tad larger then they are now.