Quantcast

What the heck is this?

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I got this frame as a freebee from my buddy. He doesn't know where his uncle got it from. I'm just about done building it. Next step is Power Coat or Anodizing.... then labeling. But I don't know who made it or what model it is. :bonk:

It's definately a DH frame and it has an FSR rear triangle. Some think Azonic. Other's say Fuji or Intense, but we just refer to it as the Frankenbike. Hopefully someone out there in Monkey land knows. :monkey:

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Thanks Mr. sAFETY. I googled Brodie Thumper and the 04 model looks very simlar. Sent BrodieBikes an email. Let's hope they respond.

If there's anyone else with a guess, please post. I want to do this bike justice by finding out who made her so I can get the decals correct. She rides like a pillow and looks like she can take a beating.

Oct 24, 2006
It could be a number of things. It definetly looks like an Azonic front triangle.

Here's my old one of reference.

The reason I say that it could be a number of things is because it looks like it may be an Azonic... it could be anything. Azonic uses a lot of cookie cutter frames and just slaps their name on it. This means any company near or far (usually from over seas) could have slapped their own rear triangle on it.

It doesn't look like a Brodie, it looks like an Eliminator or any of the other "copy cat" frames. Do some searches for Azonic or cookie cutter or overseas... there was a thread a while back showing all the different frames rebadged from the eliminator.

Is there a hole for a shock mount on the front triangle?

Oct 24, 2006
Just noticed post brake mount? Must be really old. It almost looks like that rear triangle isn't supposed to be mated with that front. Any more better quality pictures?

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Here's the most recent pic I have. Please excuse the rear derailleur. That was temporary and only stayed on the bike about 2 days.

Upgrades since this pic was taken:
LX rear derailleur
complete e-13 chain guide
Magura's
Intense Mag 30's Rear 24", Front 26"

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Did you check cycle through the travel to check if your tire's going hit the seat post under full compression? It looks awfully close.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
Did you check cycle through the travel to check if your tire's going hit the seat post under full compression? It looks awfully close.
Yea, with the 26"x2.4, it hits the seat tube with only 0.25" left on the shock stroke. Switched to a 24" rear wheel and its all good now. It was a good thing I decided to check cuz that coulda been a REAL BAD surprise.

Not too bad considering I built it up without knowing the factory recommendations and specs. She rides plush!

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
that bike is so getto and awsome at the same time man! I love it!!
hahaha, Thanks dude. That's why we call her the Frankenbike. It was a fun little project that really turned out well. Thinking of going pearl white on the frame and rims. All black rear triangle and of course the correct decals for the bike.

Any other ideas as to her identity? So far, the best guesses are a Brodie Thumper or an Azonic Eliminator Clone.