Quantcast

What tires are YOU running?

What brand tire do you USUALLY run on your DJ/street rig?

• Kenda

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Maxxis

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • Intense

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • IRC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Schwalbe

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
So I'm getting my full red atomlab wheels next week and thought I'd order some tires tomaro (since I'll be at the shop, and we have a fax machine for my order).

Basically, I'm curious what everyone runs for Street and DJ on their 26'ers.

Throw out the Company and model, and what you use them for/like about them.

I figure tires are the most important part of your bike when it comes down to handling, so lets see what works for everyone!

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
2.35"Bling Bling -rear
2.35"High Roller-front

Still not crazy about the rear tire.Feels wierd when pushed.Like a flat tire.Knobs flex over.Probably go to a HighRoller rear to match after the Lopes tire wears out!

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
street/non loose dirt: Maxxis holyroller up front, DMR trani out back. good combo. holyrollers last long and grip in every terrain. Trani's are thick and fast while not being super heavy. it's a good combo. not super light but not too heavy.

Loose dirt: DMR moto digger front Kenda SB8 rear. best tires for loose terrain..

i mite get an Arrow Launch for the front next but they are a bit on the heavy side..

mosplat

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Brooklyn <-> Oakland
holy roller front, dmr moto rear.
street and dirt.

the holy roller handles very well. great bite.
it's a bit slow but at 2.4 that should be expected.
the moto is great, super predictable, fast and grippy.
except in the front. it washes out a lot in the loose.

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
for street tioga fs 2.3. best tire hands down. i did run through a bunch of thorns and are still trying to salvage my pair so for now im rockin a specialized street tire 2.2 in the rear and a holy roller 2.4 up front. its ok but i miss the grip on the street my tiogas had. im aching to try the new wtb street tires tho

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Maxxis HolyRoller 24x2.4 (front)
Tioga FS100 24x2.1 (back)

I've also used Kenda KRads, Kenda Kiniptions, Specialized Rythym, and Kenda Small Blocks (on a 26"er). All of them worked well for DJ's and I'd say all of them would be fine at the park save the SmallBlocks due to tread and sidewall.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
when I had the DNA, I ran a holy roller up front and a launch out back. My molly sported a kiniption up front and a spec'd compound in the rear.

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
front: 2.35 DMR Moto RT
rear: 2.2 Halo Twin Rail
Twin rails are great tires, very light and roll super fast. Prone to pinch flats on street though...

I'm running a twinrail up front and I want something a little wider (seeing as Im running a 2.35" arrow launch rear too), The setup I run on my dj/ds bike is holyroller front, twin rail rear both at around 50psi, its my favorite Ive ridden thus far for dirt. Highroller semi-slicks are cool too.

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
2.3 K-rads for street and park
2.3 Maxxis Lopes Bling Bling duals for 4x and dirt jumps

I need to get some kenda NPJ's for my .243 though, they are so sweet...

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
no way to vote for more than one...

Schwalbe Timo Table 2.25 up front (56.4mm wide)
Tioga FS100 2.1 rear (54.6mm wide)

and for the hairies, a sweet Tioga CompII 2.125 up front, thanks again Don. ;)

All great widths/volume, and nice weights as well.

my favorite combos so far for the riding I do most... although I have run tires from just about every company listed on the poll.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
and for the hairies, a sweet Tioga CompII 2.125 up front, thanks again Don. ;)
I think you meant Comp III :D A 24x2.125 Comp II would have been worth a lot more especially if it was a yellow skinwall!

Best thing about the 24x2.125 Comp III's - it's $14 from Dan's Comp

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
I think you meant Comp III :D A 24x2.125 Comp II would have been worth a lot more especially if it was a yellow skinwall!

Best thing about the 24x2.125 Comp III's - it's $14 from Dan's Comp
yeah, full gum tread too, and has the rainbow logos and all... haha. :monkeydance: