Quantcast

What tires?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
My new rig finally came, all I need to decide on is tires. I ride mostly dirt, but some street. I'm able to get Holy Rollers from my local shop for $30 a piece, but I haven't really looked anywhere else. I ride a good variety of conditions, so I'm thinking the Holy Rollers may be too urban biased. Would I be better off with Larsen TTs or DMR Moto Diggers?

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
My new rig finally came, all I need to decide on is tires. I ride mostly dirt, but some street. I'm able to get Holy Rollers from my local shop for $30 a piece, but I haven't really looked anywhere else. I ride a good variety of conditions, so I'm thinking the Holy Rollers may be too urban biased. Would I be better off with Larsen TTs or DMR Moto Diggers?
Larsen TTs are excellent rear tires for hardtails that see street and dirt. Only trouble is the center knobs wear out quickly if you ride mostly street. In that case, I would go holy-roller.

I wouldn't use a larsen for a front tire... no side knobs. I've always used "bling blings" which have big honkin' side knobs and small center knobs.

cjcrashesalot

Monkey
May 15, 2005
WA
If by "mostly dirt" you mean just dirt jumps, then the holy rollers will be great. I rock them for Dj's, pump tracks, and urban, and they're excellent. However for more 4x/DS stuff, I would look elsewhere. They are great for fast rolling dj's and bermed out stuff, but for pure traction and cornering hold, they aren't the greatest.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i ended up getting wtb mutano raptors. i got them at a good price point and i had good luck with them in the past despite the flimsy sidewall. so far they seem perfect.