Quantcast

What to do with used rubbers?

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Is ther a proper way to get rid of our old worn out tires? I assume staring a huge tire fire isn't the best way? ;)

Just throw them in the trash? Recycle bin? Or should I really be taking them down to the dump and putting them in some special area with the computers and microwaves and stuff?

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i cut mine in half and put them in the recycling after that.
they for some reason wont take a whole tire even if its folded up but will take a cut up tire

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Th worst is when they stick and the stans drains out onto the floor. Total mess.

this reminds me of a story I really shouldnt talk about here...

So I wil tell this one instead

A husband and wife were laying in bed one night both dead asleep. Suddenly the wife awoke from a dead sleep screaming Oh ****.... My husband is home get out.......... The husband woke up screamed.... and jumped out the window.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Our drop-off center accepts bike tires with other tires to be recycled. No charge for dropping them off as well.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Your town doesn't do a quarterly "hazardous waste" drop-off day? that's what we have here. Every so often they set up at the town hall or whatever and you drop off your batteries, tires, paint cans, spent plutonium, electronics....all that crap....

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
zip tie those fkucers to your downtube for dent brotection!!!!!!!!!!!!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Your town doesn't do a quarterly "hazardous waste" drop-off day? that's what we have here. Every so often they set up at the town hall or whatever and you drop off your batteries, tires, paint cans, spent plutonium, electronics....all that crap....
Nope... we have a dump near by thought, and I'd wager they would take them.