Quantcast

What to use for Hip Protection?

RaID

Turbo Monkey
My last 2 crashes have involved me bruising my hip (either side each time)
like right on the hip bone

im just wondering what you monkey's recommend for Hip Protection?
im thinking something like a shorts with side padding ?
is that gonna do a decent job
or not make much difference at all?

cheers
:monkey:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Dianese Gemini bibs are sweet, too. But I got mine for $50 at Pricepoint a few years ago...I'd hate to see the current MSRP.

EVS, V-top, and some other MotoX labels have options as well. Chapparal Motorsports might be a good place to look.

MD

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
oh man, i need some of this stuff. :dead: . i fell right on my hip this afternoon, and have a healthy and multicolored bruise already...

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Originally posted by Toshi
oh man, i need some of this stuff. :dead: . i fell right on my hip this afternoon, and have a healthy and multicolored bruise already...

i know where you coming from thats the stage im at, ill be limping for a week
should be all good for DH race in 2weeks hopefully:rolleyes:

ive got a scar from my other hit 3months ago, i doubt thats going away

Lumpy_Gravy

Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
I think the dainese hip pad should have the same plastic coating that is on the thigh pad. The hip pad as it is doesnt offer enough protection IMO

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Believe it or not, Hockey shorts work fine as well...30 bones or so at most sporting goods stores...I even found some that say 'Easton' on the label :)

But they do look pretty goofy when you're tooling along the trail...Just be sure to wear a hockey goalie mask and you'll be set ;)

stoner_303

Chimp
Nov 22, 2003
Colorado
Originally posted by Zoso
Word. Nothing fits like Dainese.
i love mine, except im tall and skinny. im 6'1"-6'2"-ish, 160lbs, and bought the XL 3/4 suit, its almost too short cuz it really pulls up on my boys, and the chest plate seems kinda low, but at the same time, almost, ALMOST baggy in the arm and it IS baggy-ish in the back area. i think im gonna get it tailored, i assume i can do that if i find a shop to do it, right?