Quantcast

What tubes should i run guyths?

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
jay kay brosies. everyone knows tubelethh is the way to roll in 07.

anyways, here is the real thing i wanted to post.

Polyester Fashion- real trailer.

please spread it around if you would like. thanks!
-Kevin

ps- it's another (yeah, i know- totally) race video coming out soon. i hope.

-it's going to have a soundtrack people will probably hate because people hate stuff.

-the trailer came from this formula i read once that said "start slow, build up interest, then go really fast"

-drawing comparisons to clay's videos is like fishing with dynamite or... pointing out the obvious.

-um, i think that's it, thanks for understanding.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Well done! You've got a pretty unique filming technique. It looks like the riders' heads are hitting the camera mid-corner because of the fisheye, and I like it. You can see what's going on really well.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
canon gl-2. sorry everyone... hdv has not reached my bike video budget yet. maybe next year. century fish lens. the closer shots are the helmet getting less than an inch away. scary to shoot like that. i wish that was a unique style but i think i ripped it from somewhere.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
Gl2s are nice.. I have an optura 50. I just need some good quality converters and a rode mic.

Sorry for the hijack, but what do you think of this? http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/video/hd5000pro/index.htm

Does hd just mean more clarity/resolution and less chance of vignetting with 16:9?

i have no idea why that raynox lens says anything about high definition. i'd recommend that you look into their .3x fisheye lenses, not the .5x one. my personal philosophy on wide angle lenses is that if you are going to bother getting and using one, it might as well be distorted and as wide as possible. so wides that are .5-.8x are pointless to me. fishes that are .3-.42x are wide enough to force you to put your camera right up in the business. back in the time i had those raynox clip on fisheye, it was awesome. super wide, alright image (especially for the money) and it was cheap so if a rock smashed it, i was only out maybe 80 bucks. now when rocks hit my fisheye, im ruining an 800 dollar lens.

anyways- hdv is just a half-way totrue HD format. it's got 1080 lines of verticle res compared to regular video's 480. you get native widescreen chips in the camera (usually) so your image is a real widescreen aspect ratio. you also get to buy bigger hard drives, choke your computer to death, and your mistakes in focus and lighting show up much better with all that added detail. oh and the cameras are twice as expensive and will be out of date in less than two years. it's a pretty great time to get stiffed in the video world right now.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I meant an hd converter for my non hd camera. I want something with good quality. I have a Kenko .42x that isn't very clear on a TV (maybe 35"?)

Maybe I should get a wide angle (like the .5) and a clip on fish?

Do you think it's overkill to use a fish for every shot in a video? That's why I was looking at something with less distorion.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
I meant an hd converter for my non hd camera. I want something with good quality. I have a Kenko .42x that isn't very clear on a TV (maybe 35"?)

Maybe I should get a wide angle (like the .5) and a clip on fish?

Do you think it's overkill to use a fish for every shot in a video? That's why I was looking at something with less distorion.
you cant make your camera hd with a lens- unless im reading what you're saying wrong. the chip(s) in your camera are what determin your video resolution, not the glass the image goes through.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Looked awesome, agreed about the coolness of the fisheye in the corners. I love watching fast cornering as much as the next guy, but that trailer was almost too much brapping of dusty corners.

almost. :happydance:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
you cant make your camera hd with a lens- unless im reading what you're saying wrong. the chip(s) in your camera are what determin your video resolution, not the glass the image goes through.
I know. What I want is a high quality converter that will have a lot of clarity with coatings to minimize lens flare for my non hd mini dv cam (in 16:19 mode).

The Kenko kuw-42 I have now isn't very clear when viewed on a TV. I want something of higher quality. Should I get one of the HD pro raynox's?

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
I know. What I want is a high quality converter that will have a lot of clarity with coatings to minimize lens flare for my non hd mini dv cam (in 16:19 mode).

The Kenko kuw-42 I have now isn't very clear when viewed on a TV. I want something of higher quality. Should I get one of the HD pro raynox's?

part of why your image might not look good on a tv is that in cheaper cameras, when you switch it to widescreen mode, your camera is actually just turning off and cropping a part of the chip rather than using the whole thing. so you're potentially working with less image to start off with. getting a different lens wont really help that much. and as for coatings and all to lessen flares.. .it might help but that's a problem when shooting with any fisheye, you get a lot of sky with a lot of sun in your shots very easily- and lots of lens helation, whether your lens has a ton of coatings or not.

that kenko is a zoom through lens if it's the one im thinking of. i've found that those generally arent very good- if you get one that you cant zoom through (you must remain fully zoomed out to maintain focus) then the image is much better.

thanks for watching the vid everyone! i guess i certainly did go overboard with the roosty corner and fisheye shots... i promise the whole vid wont be in fisheye- and lots of places we shot had some moisture so not all the corners will be dustplosions. i guess i just put all that in there to glitz up the trailer or something. thanks again everyone!

edit- yeah sanjay went down... but not after at least giving the ground the old what-how. sucked to see him that close to the finish going down, he was going for it so hard from what i could tell above there.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
It's a true 16:9, not crop. With the kenko, when I zoom through it's much softer, especially full zoomed in.

On the raynox site, it says they are fully zoomable.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Sick. Was that Brandon Fairclough on the Orange ripping that nasty chute near the end?

Looks good. Will there be any interesting antics to spice up the riding footy at all?

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
that was joey schusler on the orange, im sure he will be flattered that you said that though!

not really an antics movie, sorry. i didnt shoot much antics, i figured other movies had that pretty well covered.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Looks good Kevin, I'll buy 2.

Might I also add that I absolutely sniped Joeys interview. I have never heard the kid talk before, but while watching the teaser, I heard the: ("its just what i love to do, and i want to see where i can go with it") and immediatly asked if that was him, sure enough, without ever hearing him speak or anything I knew that was him.

Im godly.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Looking good! Is the feature length done yet? Haha...Seriously though did you do any filming at Telluride? Angel Fire? Just curious...

How about now?

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
i liked it,

did sanjay crash in that clip?
I somehow flatted my comp32 at the end of my Deer Valley race run. I guess you just can't go race pace on off-camber loose sections with a front flat. I did manage to do the last drop though which was pretty scary.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
I somehow flatted my comp32 at the end of my Deer Valley race run. I guess you just can't go race pace on off-camber loose sections with a front flat. I did manage to do the last drop though which was pretty scary.
lehikoinen almost beefed it in nearly the same spot and i missed the shot i think because i was jumping out of what i thought was going to be his path of destruction.

at least you went off the drop at the end... on your bike. eek.