Quantcast

What type of event would you like to see happen in the US?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
First, check out this thread so you know where I'm coming from/headed:http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182623&highlight=redbull

I'm still into making that happen, but I also keep reading all these threads on sick events overseas and people stating that "everything cool happens there." Well, I've got a ready and willing Redbull rep and plenty of motivation to get something going. Name it. Seriously, Nothing really seems out of reach right now. I would like to keep it more about fun and riding over who's better than who, but we are riders, that comes whether we want it to or not!
Locally I'd like to see a rolling street comp, with the focus being line originallity and always the sickest trick. Redbull truck would follow us around, the group of say... 20 riders judges each other. Whoever sees the choice line gets first crack at it and the points for seeing it. Then it's open to the rest of the group to trick it up. We call it "rolling" as this would def be an undercover op and we move as the cops push us out. Good times! I'm also pushing for an "downtown downhill" style race, requiring street, dirt and DH skills. Also a few "normal" events as well.
So what would be the hot sh*t to see go down?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
The rolling comp would be super stealth. Like you'd have to apply to get in, no locations would be announced to the public, private photog, no set route. Having a hard time deciding between opening it to pros or bros, tho. Wouldn't be a LOT of fun if we ended up with 15 newbs and 5 good riders. But I hate the idea of bringing in pro riders to hit up local terrain. However, if I did it around here it wouldn't be a big deal as there really just isn't a scene. After the event, we could shove it into the press and public eye, and I'm sure the gen pop would be reporting it as well. Possibly fire off a new rage. I mean, that IS Redbulls goal in all this. I'm thinking the best, non-pro riders who kick ass, are well known within their clique, and wanna push the sport, invited from my surrounding states. That's actually a pretty broad spectrum from where I sit, and would open the eyes of those needing it most: The Midwest!
So basically the event wouldn't be a spectator event, it would be more like getting unkowingly robbed then seeing your garage on the front page the next day, but in a good way... ?