Quantcast

What Your Bike Says about You

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I'd say BMW is more: My bike cost more than yours, so we don't want to ride with you. Hell we don't want to talk to you.

NastySid

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Sweden
Kona - Yes my mad bastard dj bike has all XC bits..

Gary Fisher - I like genesis!

Trek - Mmmmm must ride more

Racer - To the county line and back is "warmup"

'n stuff :rolleyes:

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Titus: I just want something different. I don't care if it costs more.
i think a caveat needs to be inserted here for the riddler. its the only sub-$1k bike they've got!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Originally posted by VTinCT
My AC sucks major moose nuts.
Huh, mine is great, Ive put it through hell over the last 2 years, countless miles, and 6'+ hucks to flat, blew the shock up, busted a wheel, but hey, these things happen, fixed, not a single problem since... whats wrong with yours?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by golgiaparatus
Huh, mine is great, Ive put it through hell over the last 2 years, countless miles, and 6'+ hucks to flat, blew the shock up, busted a wheel, but hey, these things happen, fixed, not a single problem since... whats wrong with yours?
Mine too. But I have no idea what it says about me...

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
I wouldn't put much stock in what others say about your bike! I ask what he rides now? I'll bet someone has something bad to say about it. That's just how it works, if you like your bike good.....just show him up on the trail:D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Norco - If you have a bike, i'll ride with you, i'm not choosy

Jamis - My warrenty sucks, just hope that my rep forgets about me so he feels bad and treats you well :D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Santa Cruz Bullit- Yes i'm a clone, but at least i'm out riding on something that works.

Specialized Enduro FSR- Need to find me in the woods? just follow my pedal chip marks and low bottom bracket bash guard marks.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by KrusteeButt
Dean - of course no normal person can afford one...so you'd better be a damn good racer and get sponsored! (that's for Heidi! :D)

LOL - Thanks KB :p

I like to do the talking for my bike.;)

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ironhorse SGS: Hey, whatta ya know? Turns out I don't need a $6000 M1 to whip your ass...

There's a guy at work here that owns two Independant Fabrications mt. bikes, and one Ti Litespeed road bike.

The Ti Litespeed doesn't leave his trainer at home.

The IF w/ Sid World Cup & full XTR doesn't leave the roofrack of his unscratched, always perfectly clean, 2003 Chevy Tahoe (complete with 20" chrome rims).

The singlespeed, rigid IF spends its existance in his basement, strictly to allow him to feel like he's "hardcore" and "back to his roots".

Anyone got a creative label to give him? I've got a couple, but they'd get bleeped out by the Ridemonkey filters. :D

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
IH SGS Pro part x:
My girlfriend is smart, I am dumb. She paid less for her SGS Pro than I paid for my M1 frame at shop cost.

Zoso

Monkey
Jan 31, 2003
Seattle
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
Titus: I just want something different. I don't care if it costs more.
In response, X-rider posted:

Originally posted by X-rider
Titus - I like quality stuff that works.
I agree with X-rider. The Titus Supermoto DH costs the same as an M1 (less if you get it in PC), but it weighs less, is stiffer, arguably stronger, has an ano finish, and has some of the best dropouts I've ever seen. *I see Titus owners as smart consumers who made an educated purchase based on facts, not hype. They analyze every little detail and weigh all of the options available. *

Of course, I own a Titus;)

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Santa Cruz Super 8 w/Stratos S8: "I have no technical skill, so I tend to mow through and over sh*t" :D:monkey:

(seriously, it's true... LOL!)

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Schwinn Homegrown:

Of course I'm elderly and anoerexic...

Question, is/was a Homegrown the same as a Yeti ARC?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
karpiel - i like to wait months for an outdated frame design.

orange - i'm either a UK resident or peaty worshipper

fat/ibis - i'm a crusty old-schooler, probably w/ thumbshifters.

klein - it's all about the fashion, baby. viva versace!!!

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Fondriest, Van Deessel, any other hot new road frame...

1. I am willing to shell out thousands of dollars for something that is pretty much the same as everything else, but a pro road it in the Tour, so it must be good.

2. I know that I am 47 years old and have a family, but I still believe I have a shot at winning the tour, and therefore will act accordingly (complete a-hole).

3. I suck at life, and thats sad.

4. Anything Euro is cool. Even neon Speedo's on fat old dudes.

Originally posted by Repack
Fondriest, Van Deessel, any other hot new road frame...

1. I am willing to shell out thousands of dollars for something that is pretty much the same as everything else, but a pro road it in the Tour, so it must be good.

2. I know that I am 47 years old and have a family, but I still believe I have a shot at winning the tour, and therefore will act accordingly (complete a-hole).

3. I suck at life, and thats sad.

4. Anything Euro is cool. Even neon Speedo's on fat old dudes.
dang it man, and I was just about to go in debt buying a uber-cool-euro-road-frame. there goes my dream;)