Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr Big

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
The Betty Ford Clinic
Interbrew: Becks, Diebels, Gilde.

Holsten Group: Feldshlößchen, König, Licher, Landskron

Brau und Brunnen: Berliner-Verbund, Leipziger-Verbund, Kölner-Verbund, Jever, Schlösser, Rostocker, Tucher.

Bitburger: Köstritzer, Schultheiss, Koblez, Wernesgrüner.

Oettinger: breweries in Gotha, Dessow, Schwerin, Mönchen-Gladbach.

Haus Kramer: Paderborner, Isenbeck, Weißenberg.

Verbund Homburg: Trierer Löwen, Becker, St. Ingbert, Königsbacher, Nette.

Actris: Eichbaum, Freiberger, Mammut.

Spaten group: Löwenbräu, Dinkelacker.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
As far as individual beers are concerned i like: Augustiner Helles, Paulaner, Uerige Alt, Reissdorf Kölsch, Rothaus Pils, Schneider Aventinus

Prost

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Hofbräu

I cant believe you would forget the master of all german beers.

Hofbräu house is the original brewery and brew of germany. the only real Hofbräu of course is in germany at one of the original Hofbräu breweries.

in my opinion the munich (munchen) Hofbräu house is the best just because it has been my hangout during oktoberfest for the last 7 years.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i like weihenstephener, and erdinger's not bad either. stuff like Jever etc i don't get too excited about.

actually, i also liked the berliner grüne as well (not sure what they usually use for beer before they put the green syrup in it).

Are we talking about beers that are exported to the US from germany? Or only these beers in Germany. Big Difference. The beers sold there are significantly better than those sold here. Pasteurization (SP?) laws etc. For instance Bitburger tasts rather average here but it is quite good there.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I am not a Lager friend so I had a hard time choosing any of them. But Spaten Optimator is my favorite from the list, mostly because Bocks can be fairly ale-like.

As far as European beers go I am all about the Belgians.

(Reinheitsgebot also kind of freaks me out)

EDIT - I should say I am a fan of real german Hefeweizen, very mild malt character really lets phenols in the yeast shine and gives a nice clove taste to the brew. American wheats are a close second but you get none of the same esters or phenols from the yeast.

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
I don't think I saw Kulmbacher listed, Eisbock to be particular. This is an amazing beer. (if you can find a bottle) I only have a couple left. I'd have to agree that Ayinger Celebrator and Aventinus are also great. I'll have to pick up a couple this weekend.