Quantcast

What's a good inverted fork?

Oct 5, 2005
zmtber said:
foes is possibly the gretest fork i have ever used/seen, but it is (i heard) hard to work on and is expensive.
As your attorney, I advise you that "used" and "seen" do not mean the same thing.

Signed,
- Your attorney

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Mr dirt, if you can afford it/find one. Incredible damping and superior stiffness, but a silly 17mm TA and 9-10lb weight. Also they aren't made.

vibiker

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Santa Clara / Vashon
bizutch said:
amazing...it's like all 3 of the people in the world who own Avalanches descended on this thread like locust... :D
Sorry that I'm late to the party.
No issues of height here. My DHF-8 twisted once with a good crash.

Being inverted, I just need to take extra care of the stansions.

Lars_moelby

Chimp
Jan 10, 2005
Denmark
Best is i pretty wierd term to use about a fork... if you like realy non-stiff forks that give a slack HA, then the Shivers are the best.. if you lilke very stiff forks that (compared to shivers) give a more steep HA, then White Brothers 2.0/1.8, Fox 40, Dorado´s are the way to go.
I have never tried Avy or Risse forks... But i am personaly VERY happy with my 7" 888, they are plenty stiff and have pretty nice damping... If i were able to buy DH parts at the cost that you guys (USA) are, i would not hesitate a second in buying a Fox40... my friend just bought one, and its SICK, its stiffer and lighter than my 888, has better damping and generaly better "feel"... if i were to buy a USD fork, i would go for the White brothers 1.8 or 2.0, alot of my friend have run them for several years, with hard abuse and not much maintence, and they still work like a dream. Also, the White Brothers USD forks should be some of the stiffest USD forks atm. but again, i have never tried Avy, Risse or Foes USD forks... but thats again a different price league!

I would go for a Fox 40 or WB 2.0 if i were to buy a new fork today!

SDH

I'm normal
Oct 2, 2001
Northern Va.
"An inch is a foot in downhill racing."

God, I wish that translated to other things in life.......I'd be a champ!

Ok, back to the thread...........................

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
You know, I hear a ton of people complain about shivers being flexy. I can't say I've ridden one so I'm not going to comment, but keep in mind that stantion overlap increases significantly as the fork compresses, which is going to massively impact rigidity. Course, if the uppers are noodly as well, all bets are off.

I never had a problem with the Dirt, but it had stainless steel lowers.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
xy9ine said:
my whitebros dh2.0 has been a fantastic fork. great performance & tunability, decent weight (sub 8#) and stiffness; amazing reliability (3 years hard use with only bi-annual cleaning & lubing and one damper oil change - all original hardware & seals - everything done by myself with no special tools); and really nice build quality - ie, the cnc'd crowns are some of the nicest out there. good stuff.
i'm right with ya there. I can't say enough good things about Dh2.0's. Incredible construction, incredibly stiff, especially for an inverted fork, smooth damping, and white brothers CS is some of the best I have dealt with.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I'll chime in with another vote for either the Shiver or Avy DHFTi. My '02 Shiver was the best fork I had ever ridden, until I picked up the Avy.
Both great forks, do whatever you want of them. Go with whatever you want to spend your money on. Shiver=$, Avy=$$$