Quantcast

what's in yr camelbak?

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Ciaran said:
Dang man, is that in your camelbak or do you have to tow a trailer behind your bike? ;)
I employ the swedish bikini team to follow me everywhere and carry all my shiznit. :love:

Actually, I need to get rid of some that stuff because my new multi tool thing is duplicating some of that. It does sound like a lot of crap (it is) but most of it is really small stuff. Everything in there has come in REALLY handy back on the trails though.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
Let's see here:

water
2 spare tubes
tire levers
pump wrapped with duct tape
shock pump
multi tool
wrench that fits the bolts in my disc rotors
chapstick
eye drops
micro leatherman
small first aid kit
zip ties
extra presta stem caps and screws
patch kit
extra shoe cleat and screws
cell phone
bandana
assorted cliff bars and packs of Goo
long sleeve shirt or shell, depending on forcast
camera

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
robdamanii said:
Diaper wipes...NOW we're talking. I love those things.

I ALWAYS drop a deuce before I ride, even if I would have to reach in and pry it out with a spoon.
Try this some time.

Go to Moab. Eat habanero salsa with your dinner. Camp out for the night. Eat a big breakfast. "Take care of business." Drive to Amasa Back. Climb to top of first hill. Realize it is a *damn* good thing you packed diaper wipes. :dead:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
SkaredShtles said:
Try this some time.

Go to Moab. Eat habanero salsa with your dinner. Camp out for the night. Eat a big breakfast. "Take care of business." Drive to Amasa Back. Climb to top of first hill. Realize it is a *damn* good thing you packed diaper wipes. :dead:
Ahh, see my idea of camping is a Super 8. But habenero salsa requires more than diaper wipes....maybe novocaine.

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
No Camelpack... Unless its dark.

2 Water bottles 1 w/H20 1w/Heed
1 Tube
1 Co2
2 Tire levers
1 Park tool

If its dark.
Only thing in the CP is the Battery for my light. and maybe a cliff bar

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
1 tire lever
1 broken tire lever
multi tool
co2 & nozle thingie
patch kit
little thing of lube
tubes
very old cliff bar in case of emergency
zip ties
photocopy of my DL
tp
spare change
headset sapcer

I need to restock it with fresh cliffbars, more zip ties, & another tube.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
clif bars
pump
2 tubes
patch kit
gps
sm first aid kit
advil
long sleeve t
spare cleat
topeak alien
duct tape

and now .. thanks to echo... endurolytes

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Some fireballs from JBP/moneyfest. Nothing else made it through the crash and subsequent submersion. I had a bunch of blow on me in case I ran into Drunken Ninja. It was ruined.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
normal payload: camelbak rim runner with 100oz. bladder and whatever food/munchies i need for the day.sometimes a beer. i've been digging on taking chocolate milk lately, too.

on the outside is my camera bag on the left shoulder strap. the right holds a small mini multi tool, my bike/chaintool, a compass/thermometer combo, and a chapstick thingy.

ziploc baggie with two tubes, two tire levers, bunch of glueless patches.

ziploc baggie with: spare brake and shifter cables, precut. spare set of disc
pads (all 3 bikes use the same brakes) spare crankbolt, chainring bolt, a couple
spare rotor bolts, some other m5 and m6 bolts of various lengths for standard
size bike stuff, bunch of zipties, duct tape, superglue, spare chainlinks of
9spd and SS varieties.

baggie with large honkin' first aid kit (stuff swiped form work, dontcha know), some h2o proof matches and lighter, space blanket, water treatment tabs.

my shell jacket is nearly *always* in there. one is a lighter summer one, another is a heavier full on gore tex shell for higher up/colder rides.

added for some longer/other rides, epics and so on: shock pump if i'm on the squishy bike. ziploc bag with some TP and plastic bag. arm and leg warmers, other extra warm stuff.

wheh. averages 15-20 pounds. last weekend, for a long weekend of high up large group rides, i had it crammed and full for about 25 pounds.