Quantcast

what's the best climbing DH bike?

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
the lawill rear ends pedal extremely well w/ no noticable pedal feedback (they claim no pedal feedback)

I've had one built up light (<40lbs.) w/ a 38t in the front & a 11-32 in the rear & i can climb all my local xc trails on them & for extended pedalling i just raise the seat & keep a steady cadence... the bike really suprises me.

- dump

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
Originally posted by dump
the lawill rear ends pedal extremely well w/ no noticable pedal feedback (they claim no pedal feedback)

I've had one built up light (<40lbs.) w/ a 38t in the front & a 11-32 in the rear & i can climb all my local xc trails on them & for extended pedalling i just raise the seat & keep a steady cadence... the bike really suprises me.

- dump
I actually enjoy my time riding an old Yeti Lawwill around the XC trail here..but it's the Yeti DH4....same principle just less travel..

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Orven

you never take my threads seriously...:mad:

:devil:
Oh... it was a serious thread? ;)
Our bad.

(I'd have to say, of the DH bikes I've actually tried, the Dare pedaled the best.)

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
you tkae your DH bike and remove the rear shock then you measure a peice of 2 inch thick steel rod the same lenght as the shock drill a hole in the rod in both ends and bolt the rod where the shock used to be. next fill both fork legs to the very top with oil. You now have a totaly rigid super great climbing DH bike...:D

other wise a DHi would be my choice..

C

crazybastard

santacruz vp10 or the bullit with the 5th element chock

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I've made my decision..
2001 KHS Dominatrax with Avalanche DHS shock.... best ever/ultimate pedalling climbing DH bike with Super Mons T with prototype handlebar mounted lock out lever. on 3.0 tubeless (1020g) proto Kenda DH tires...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by Orven
I've made my decision..
2001 KHS Dominatrax with Avalanche DHS shock.... best ever/ultimate pedalling climbing DH bike with Super Mons T with prototype handlebar mounted lock out lever. on 3.0 tubeless (1020g) proto Kenda DH tires...
Good thinking. I'd put a hite-rite on there too so you can really get full leg extension on the climbs...