Quantcast

whats the deal with the 2010 boxxers right now?

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
does anyone know if they have them shipping with oil yet? i'm waiting on mine and i figure i should go get it before it gets here if not.

ceng.dog

Chimp
Sep 23, 2007
I had to read that post five times before it made any sense to me

I gather what you are asking is should you buy some oil and service your fork before you ride it.

Play it safe and buy some oil.....

aj-monkey

Monkey
Oct 11, 2007
Squampton, BC
I got mine a month or so ago now and rebuilt them straight away. To my suprise there was the exact amount of oil in them already! That and all the internal parts we're the upgraded parts. I did put some more grease on the bushings and seals though as I like to run em nice and wet for small bump plushness! They are running sweet as and I really recommend them over the older yet still solid boxxer!

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Got my Team about 3 weeks ago. Was shipped with oil in the lowers but needed the seals packed with grease to solve some stiction issues. Rubber from the seal on the right leg was leaving residue on the stanchion. Coated both seals with grease and now the fork feels good.

Joss DeWaele

Chimp
Jan 30, 2004
The SLC
We've been selling lots of Boxxer Teams, and a fair amount of World Cups. We just drop the lowers, slick up the seals, and put the correct amount of lubricating oil in the lower assembly before shipping them out or installing them on any bikes. Some forks have the correct amount of oil, others do not. I say go ahead and service the fork before you ride it.

SPAM: We'll sell you a Boxxer World Cup for a good price right now. E-mail me w/ questions.

joss

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We've been selling lots of Boxxer Teams, and a fair amount of World Cups. We just drop the lowers, slick up the seals, and put the correct amount of lubricating oil in the lower assembly before shipping them out or installing them on any bikes. Some forks have the correct amount of oil, others do not. I say go ahead and service the fork before you ride it.

SPAM: We'll sell you a Boxxer World Cup for a good price right now. E-mail me w/ questions.

joss
Go-Ride ROCKS.
They will fine tune the fork before they send it out so you dont have to. Just put the fork on and ride. Thanks Go-Ride. Ill be ordering soon.

YoPawn

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
Is the reliability really that bad? It seems like every person I've met with a 2010 boxxer has had some serious issues with it from stiction to the internals just blowing to bits. Even bike shop folks who know what they are doing.

I am glad so many other people are willing to pay money to be R&D testers for SRAM.:rofl: Should be a good product by next year...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Is the reliability really that bad? It seems like every person I've met with a 2010 boxxer has had some serious issues with it from stiction to the internals just blowing to bits. Even bike shop folks who know what they are doing.

I am glad so many other people are willing to pay money to be R&D testers for SRAM.:rofl: Should be a good product by next year...
Meet me.

My team is the best dh fork I've ever owned. But then again I'm the type of guy who pays attention to how it's working and change things if I'm not happy.....just like every other fork I've used.