Quantcast

What's the deal with Veloswap?

JTVW

Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
somewhere hot
Hey I'm just looking for some info on veloswap in denver this saturday. I'm from AZ and just up here for school, but I'd like to sell my bmx and a fetish cycles frame for my friend. Do I just show up with them? Do I need to pay to get in? I basically know nothing about the event so any info would be great. Thanks.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
First of all:

http://www.veloswap.com/

Beyond that, people with stuff to sell usually get a vendor table or a booth, which does cost money depending on the size of space you get. You could try to find friends or other people that would let you go in on their table if you want, or...

If you don't have that much to sell or just want to "shop", you can just show up as a consumer with your goods in hand and a big FOR SALE sign on them and walk around trying to sell them. Admission to VeloSwap as a consumer does also cost money... advance tickets can be found for $6, at the door tickets are $8.

EDIT: Just found this info at http://www.veloswap.com/expo/booth_rates_den.html

SWAPPERS CORNER: $20
For consumers with one used bike to sell. Includes one-time admission to VeloSwap. Check-in and set-up at 8:30am day of event only.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
SWAPPERS CORNER: $20
For consumers with one used bike to sell. Includes one-time admission to VeloSwap. Check-in and set-up at 8:30am day of event only.
Nice! That's $12 for the opportunity to sell your bike.

Is anyone going? I'm wondering if it's worth it. The only vendor list I could find was on the map/logistics PDF and that only had the names of the bigger vendors in the booth location.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Nice! That's $12 for the opportunity to sell your bike.

Is anyone going? I'm wondering if it's worth it. The only vendor list I could find was on the map/logistics PDF and that only had the names of the bigger vendors in the booth location.
I will be there all day with my team... shouldn't be too difficult to find us. Look for the RPM/Yeti squad and that's where I'll be.