Votes: 46 37.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wil_e123

Monkey
Jun 7, 2006
London, England
for me IH sunday, by a mile, although i always liked the m1's. id' love to give the lahar a test ride just to see how different it feels to all the other bikes out there.

LaharDesign

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
Since this thread is "whats the DH rig of champions?" I'm going to have to stick my oar in.
Of the 6 Lahar m8's that were built in 2002 all 5 that went to elite level racing produced champions. Three national no1's, regional champions in Auckland,Taranaki, Wanganui, Nelson,Dunedin and Christchurch. Results saw 5 Pros "due to an unusually abrubt improvement in race results" put on UCI drug report.
Has any other bike produced this rich a harvest of champions?
Is there evidence as strong of race advantage from any other bike?

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
i obviously named it wrong, should have simply be" what's your favorite dh rig" i wasnt really looking for witch bike wins the most, because in my opinion, it isnt the bike you ride, it the rider....

LaharDesign

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
SteezyWeezy said:
i obviously named it wrong, should have simply be" what's your favorite dh rig" i wasnt really looking for witch bike wins the most, because in my opinion, it isnt the bike you ride, it the rider....
Thats just about the most proven rule in cycle racing.
Only two times are universally acknowleged when an obvious performance advantage was demonstrated by a design:
-the recumbent in the 1920's, quickly banned by the uci.
-the aero carbon TT bikes of the late 1980's early 90's, quickly banned by the UCI.

Most peoples favourite bike is what the champions are paid to ride. Or a heavier version with different geometry that looks like it anyway.
Because our molds got stolen at the beginning of m8 production the bulk of our racing has been honest privateer owner stuff. Every owner says they'll never ride another bike. Can't get more favourite than that.

if one rider in 20 gets put on drug rep then the chances of 5 from 5 are 1 in 3.2 million. Or the UCI might have been telling me to cool my heals before they banned gearbox bikes.

John Kircaldies first race after his 2nd NORBA series win:

Attachments

LaharDesign

Monkey
Jun 16, 2006
SleezyWeezy: "you all give me bad feedback, call it a waste of a thread, but if it was a waste, nobody would have posted or voted."
Hells bells!, I never ment to give you that impression.
thanks for the opportunity to get a few facts out there!
I'm pleased that the "other" vote shows a growing wisdom in the mtb community about the value of boutique gear built and designed by enthusiasts not profiteers.
You'll never cater to everyone with 10 choices, the values in the discussion.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
LaharDesign said:
You'll never cater to everyone with 10 choices, the values in the discussion.
thank you!! that is wat i have been trying to say, and i may have made a couple of incorrect priority choices, but these were just some rides that came to the top of my head, thank you lahar for understanding!

ps
i wasnt talking about u when i said that about the bad feedback thing

RideSiK

Chimp
Apr 23, 2002
australia
my favourite would be an m3...

ive got an m1 but when the funds are around i shall move to an m3, simply becasue i think they look damn cool...

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
no canfield formula 1???? imo it is a awsome bike and the people that race it do well. i rode oe of the new ones and its rocks its so supple then ramps up. i th ough am gettig a glory. and cant wait to ride it!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
ghettogt76 said:
What a retarded poll.
:stupid:

By the way Steezy, with a question like "what's the DH rig of champions?", why would you expect people to post their favorite rides, unless they're BC VAN? :think: And why would you base your "favorites" on looks? :think: Worst poll ever.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
Bicyclist said:
:stupid:

By the way Steezy, with a question like "what's the DH rig of champions?", why would you expect people to post their favorite rides, unless they're BC VAN? :think: And why would you base your "favorites" on looks? :think: Worst poll ever.
thanks bud. i had never even heard of lahar before this. an i obviusly know that i messed up the name, but i was supposed to say that monkeys are champion, but i guess you fall out of that catagory.
ghettogt76 said:
what a retarded poll
you wanna specify why it is a retarded poll? because i didnt include a gt? hardly

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
SteezyWeezy said:
thanks bud. i had never even heard of lahar before this. an i obviusly know that i messed up the name, but i was supposed to say that monkeys are champion, but i guess you fall out of that catagory.

you wanna specify why it is a retarded poll? because i didnt include a gt? hardly
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to SteezyWeezy again.

15 year olds+RM=death.

Status
Not open for further replies.