Quantcast

what's the haps with Stevens Pass?

Apr 10, 2007
Anyone know what's going on with Stevens for next year? There were a few posts this past spring that Stevens was planning on opening a bike park next summer but I haven't heard anything about it all summer. Does anyone know if they've been building any trails this summer? It would sweet having a place close by, although I'm sure it wouldn't be 1/10th the gnar of Whisgnar. :drool:

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I doubt it will happen at stevens...have you ever seen it in the summer? Its full of rocks and granite.

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
they have consulted with whistler's developement team, as have snoqualmie and alpental. who knows whats going to happen.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
We may just have to do what my cousin did. They purchased land on the side of a mountain. Then they started holding races there. Next thing you know, he Owned Cycle Cyndicate and was doing races all over, including the last WC race at Angle Fire. He sold it to Yeti cycles and now there putting on the races under the name Big Foot Productions. GRASS ROOTS BABY, GRASS ROOTS.

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
i heard 2009 was the summer they are planning to open.l aparently the crews from whistler are designing the trails.and muddy beast whats wrong with rocks and granite?

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
nothings wrong with rocks and granite...just theirs alot of it, and its huge. There fore...it would be difficult to build.

Basically, it wont be like whistler...I'am curious what it will end up like though, if it happens.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
i heard 2009 was the summer they are planning to open.l aparently the crews from whistler are designing the trails.and muddy beast whats wrong with rocks and granite?
That's what I have heard from various sources as well. Hopefully we don't have the exact same sources :biggrin:

Jul 7, 2007
Bothell
i am good friends with the owner of stevens pass. i actually spoke with him this last saturday at a ski sale. all he could tell me was that they have been drawing up plans with whistler gravity logic. they have planned trails to be accessable from both skyline and hogsback. at this point their biggest hurdle is to get the forest service to approve their plans!!! THERE IS NOT AN OPENING DATE SET YET! so any time that u have heard is purely a rumor!

bottom line is... it is looking like it will happen in the near future... who knows when tho...

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
rocks and granite sounds gnar! :happydance:

2009 huh? It seems like this keeps getting bumped. Oh well, better late than never

They told me while chatting with them at Whistler that they plan a soft opening of late summer '09. Part of the problem they are dealing with is that everything with the Forestry Service takes time. But, it apears they are doing it right and in a way that will last.

Stevenspass

Monkey
Sep 6, 2007
Leavenworth, WA
I can say this about Stevens Pass... we are looking into to building a park and have already GPS'd and flagged a number of trails with the help of Gravity logic. The FS is the next hurdle... but we have been working closely with them all summer and actually had a couple people up riding in Whistler to give them an idea of what we wanted to build. Earliest approval could come Spring of 08 but it could be 09. It will take a whole summer to build once we get approval. Sorry it takes so long but that is the way it is. If I had my way we would be riding right now!

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I can say this about Stevens Pass... we are looking into to building a park and have already GPS'd and flagged a number of trails with the help of Gravity logic. The FS is the next hurdle... but we have been working closely with them all summer and actually had a couple people up riding in Whistler to give them an idea of what we wanted to build. Earliest approval could come Spring of 08 but it could be 09. It will take a whole summer to build once we get approval. Sorry it takes so long but that is the way it is. If I had my way we would be riding right now!
Freakin' B-E-A-utiful. Depending on scheduling and what not, I'd be willing to donate as many hours as I can spare to build trail.

(I'm not a finesse guy...but I would bring the muscle.)

Jun 18, 2004
If you've been a pass holder for 5+ consecutive years Does that mean you can help build? Maybe not... I just wanna help