Quantcast

whats this?

May 9, 2006
NYC
Jurgen Beneke, the 1993 UCI World Cup Downhill champ is putting on the "Liquid Lightning Revenge," an East Coast all-mountain race with Super-D and XC legs on one bike (a la Downieville), out at Diablo Freeride Park in Vernon.

JerZ_r1der

Chimp
May 10, 2008
Vernon, NJ
"What is All Mountain racing?
The race will be a Super-D (SD) and a Cross Country (CC) combined event.
You will have to race both events on the same bike without alterations.
There will be a bike weigh in before each event.

The Format:
In the morning the SD will be a single racer time trial with one minute gaps between racers.
The result times will get doubled to give the SD part more equality to the CC.
(So every second you gain in the SD is worth two seconds)
In the afternoon the fastest SD racer will start first, followed by second place with the time gap from the morning, followed by the third place with the time gap from the morning, etc,etc,....
First racer to cross the finish line wins the overall and the East Coast All Mountain Championship.

The Courses:
Super-D will start at the top and will wind its way down to the bottom with a couple of little climbs and some traversing along the mountain. The trail is going to be super fun, not to difficult with lots of flow.( length about 7-10 minutes)
Cross Country will start at the top and dip down on the back side looping around to the front where it will decent back down to the finish. (length about 1 hour)

What equipment do I need?
Any race ready Mountain Bike will do. But the best bike will be a medium travel suspension bike with triple chain rings.
Good tires are going to be important. (DH tires???) You don't want to flat in the SD and lose a lot of time for the CC.
You can change your personal protective gear between races. (pads, helmet, gloves,etc...)
The weight in is only for the bikes not the riders."

It says it right there... you forget how to read?
Or can you not comprehend such big words?

It's a combination Super D & Cross Country race. Super D is first part of the day, and the CC is the second part.

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
Damn, if that wasn't so insanely expensive I would consider entering. My Reign 0 is the only bike I've got, so I know I'd be used to it on both events. Currently, I have to place paying bills and buying food ahead of entering a $75 race as an Intro rider...

mntbiker2

Monkey
Jun 30, 2007
entry fee includes two day lift ticket...70$

why cant they give "us" season pass holders a break on these races?!