Quantcast

What's up party people?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Mandown hit me up about some stuff today and realized I haven't been on here in a while. The last six months or so has just been nuts. Regular work, side gig machining stuff work, family stuff and everything else all rolled into one.

We just got a new puppy, a Rhodesian Ridgeback. She's awesome so far. The machining gig has been going swimmingly. I sold my old machine and signed papers on a brand new one last week. It is on a truck tomorrow from Chicago to basically straight here it sounds like. My youngest started school this year and he's been a handful, but otherwise both boys are doing well. Overall, everything is going really good and need to get back on here more often.

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I was talking to the Fadal but it's good to see you too.

;)

Fadal used to be a customer of mine. They were an interesting company that got ruined and driven into the ground once taken over by Corporate America. Actually Corporate Germany and Israel.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
oh man, those guys definitely have some history, so I could see it

Family business sold to german conglomerate. German conglomerate used it as a training ground for incompetent frat boy executives who mismanaged it into the ground. Israeli conglomerate purchased it for the value it saw in the L.A. city block of real estate it stood on.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I’ve got some serious tool cabinet envy, one day I’ll be in the big leagues with some Lista too.

Congrats on the label maker and doggo. I haven’t messed with one of those Brothers but heard they’re a nice machine. Ridgebacks are quality pups, I have given those a pat, 10 out of 10, would pat again

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My first CNC project, Looks like it had a hard life. Made combine parts for John Deere.

project #3

Originally machined camshafts for GM

Last edited:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
He is going to need a bigger machine than that Brother
I only work with machines wrapped in fraught socio-political tension, not glorified sticker makers. Me n' fadal. We goin big dildo. Lil' brother's just there for messaging.

Originally machined camshafts for GM
That's almost as much as rideit's house cost!

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
beware of the big C with your ridgeback....

older brothers second one has a suspect lump on rear leg....

first one had cancer...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Also, the whole broken neck thing has been about as good as possible. Should be cleared to ride again in Feb if I want to via the neurosurgeon. Which, at this point, I think I do. Take it slow, but I feel like I want to at least get back out and pedal again. I miss being out on the bike riding and I miss having a good form of exercise. So even if it's just to roll mellow and putt around I think it would be good.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Also, the whole broken neck thing has been about as good as possible. Should be cleared to ride again in Feb if I want to via the neurosurgeon. Which, at this point, I think I do. Take it slow, but I feel like I want to at least get back out and pedal again. I miss being out on the bike riding and I miss having a good form of exercise. So even if it's just to roll mellow and putt around I think it would be good.
We might need to assemble broken monkey ride.

Last edited: