Quantcast

Whats up with brooklyn machine works

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
Long story short - have some patience. They're still around; just have a lot going on at the moment.
The phone/email thing is not as ominous as you may think either.

To the OP--PM is sent.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
we should start a kickstarter for doc to get the ****in silencer build ^^ i still have parts flying around for that one, it was such a blast to ride Terry's proto in 2009 even though it was to small and undersprung...
loved it so much!
It would be the first thing on kickstarter I'd donate my money to. Is there any chance Doc reads this and sets up a page in there?

racelink

Chimp
Oct 9, 2010
No , not seriously,I,m cleaning the bike and not seen grease ports , so just asking in the case of missing some ports .But seriously what is the maintenance I have to do with the lower bb and the superior axle?
many thank,s

oiswego

Monkey
Oct 24, 2005
New Yawk
Since it's all sealed bearings...you can replace them on the bottom bracket cups but not the ones on the swingarm (nearly impossible to remove on your own).
Other than that, just clean everything well, dry it and re-grease the axles.

There are no grease ports on RL, everything is in sealed bearings.
If you have more questions, feel free to PM me--not meant to be rude, but this thread is not the place for these questions.

No , not seriously,I,m cleaning the bike and not seen grease ports , so just asking in the case of missing some ports .But seriously what is the maintenance I have to do with the lower bb and the superior axle?
many thank,s

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
many thank,s
There are no grease ports. On the RL I would disassemble the linkage, blast it with some kind of degreaser, then pack it back up with grease and fresh o-rings, and you're good to go. One of the easiest bikes to work on that I've owned.

chrissmith_8

Chimp
Aug 13, 2012
Hi People,

I am in the same boat and a little upset really. I rescently purchased a SR6, i have wanted one for ages i mainly dirt jump on a hard tail but wanted to move on to a bigger bike, I had seen Geds and been on one at the bikes show when it first came out and loved it. Finally found one that wasnt serious money... I knew it would need some work as i paid £1600 instead of £2800 that the other one i was looking at was.

I have always loved BMW since jumping a park bike and having a play on RL i knew it was the only machine for me. I have rescently needed a few parts but cant get hold of NYC number out of service, i called Ged in the UK and he said that he was going to order some parts soon but is that soon or is that a never never like my end caps. I need a rear mech hanger, 2x fresh sets of stickers, I also need the little plastic bit that goes over the chain. I know another guy who has a SR6 and he is thinking of stocking up on spare parts just incase they do go.

It breaks my heart the bikes are sick! and i held Brooklyn in such high regard but now wondering if i need to sell and find something else just in case i can never lay my hands on parts, i cant really sell it as for the past 5 years i have not stopped saying how great they are, it rides un real and is so balanced when you jump it!!

Nov 5, 2004
hartlepool, uk
so, does anyone know anything more about bmw?

on a pretty similar note, it looks like i am not going to find a new swingarm anytime soon, [unless anyone has one!! wink wink!!]

so, i know its not 100% kosher, but, i have a racelink for sale, all but swingarm and braking arm, these parted from the main frame in whistler.... any interest let me know, has ti bolts, axle for profiles, doc chaindevice etc...

pm me.

schambach

Chimp
Dec 5, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Hey all. I'm lucky enough to live nearby BMW and they are still there, and still building bikes. They've had some (financial?) issues over the past year or so but seem to have been pulling it together recently. The latest is a 29'r, and slightly revamped SR6/8, with lighter tubes.

Last edited:

NoUseForAName

Monkey
Mar 26, 2008
who knew that catering to rappers and hipsters would make your bike business tank? i mean seriously, none of us here saw that coming...
Yeah, they need to partner with DVO and get DW to make their next bike out of carbon.

Instant success.

In two weeks when the bikes ship.

Nov 27, 2012
i dont think so that they are going to provide you many type of spare parts to you.as i also asked for some parts and tools but they refused by saying that they are not available in this segment