Quantcast

Whats wrong with people?

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Last few times I've been to the skate park everyone has been dick heads. Skaters lately have had some superiority complex. Funny thing is most of them aren't that good on a skateboard, yet they feel the need to criticizes bikers and make excuses about why they can't ride. Most of them aren't locals either. The only good thing is that most of the locals are cool. What do you guys do when you run into this? I'm always really tempted to give them an earful, but then they would probably hate bikers even more and that doesn't solve anything.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
big bike or small bike? i find that when ever i go to a skatepark all the bmxers wana fight me because i got a 26,

all in all, if u *dont pull ur brakes in hard enough* and *accidentally* hit one of them it would probably show them whats up..

i used to skate, id be afraid of being hit by a bike

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
well, the same thing happens at the park near me. there are a lot of little kids on scooters and crap, but then there are the older guys skating. it isn't a bike legal park, but there isn't another one within 20 minutes of freeway driving. the po have gotten better about tolerating bikes as long as you're wearing a helmet, but the worst people are the skaters that aren't very good. they get all pissy and want to just argue all day instead of skating. Then there are the really good guys that are just there to enjoy the park. As long as you aren't in their way, it's all good.

snaky69

Monkey
Feb 10, 2007
Quebec, Canada
I've never had any problems with skaters. I'm on a 26'' and most of them even shout "Nice!" or even "Yeah dude great job!" when I pull something off really well. Same goes for me with them.

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
i have a bike that looks like the front end of an mtb and the back end of a bmx.

they love it, and im friends with them

just be chill and dont be a dick, like dont snake em or cut em off, and go with the flow of the park

ive seen nasty sh*t happen when kids randomly roll around, if the way the park flows isnt right for you, either learn to shred it the right way, or dont ride the park.

but please please dont be the dumbass on a 26 going opposite of everyone doing little airs to flat 6" up a 7' high ramp.

if you do, you got what you deserved

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Last few times I've been to the skate park everyone has been dick heads. Skaters lately have had some superiority complex. Funny thing is most of them aren't that good on a skateboard, yet they feel the need to criticizes bikers and make excuses about why they can't ride. Most of them aren't locals either. The only good thing is that most of the locals are cool. What do you guys do when you run into this? I'm always really tempted to give them an earful, but then they would probably hate bikers even more and that doesn't solve anything.
Is that monroe, NC?

I've rarely had any confrontations with other people at any skate park really. Grom-dom's right, just find the flow of the park and stick with it. Just get in the corner or out of the way and just watch how people are riding, and then once you think you get the idea then go and ride. Usually you'll get one person in there that realizes you a newb to the skate park thing, and they'll throw some pointers at you.
I attend my local skatepark about once a week, and I have had maybe one incident with skaters in the past two years. And that was simply me defending a smaller rider from a group of stoned teenagers. It didn't get violent. So yeah, just go with the flow. And if you get sick of the park, then go ride some street. :banana:

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Its Monroe, WA. I'm not great at the park, but I take turns like everyone else, don't snake people, I am there to have fun just like everyone else and if bike skills translated equally to skating I would be an average skater. The locals that really rip on a board are really cool, I've never had any problem with them. I thinks its people on vacation or "summer skaters."

frmBrandon

Chimp
Jul 19, 2007
SoCal
HAHAHAH its usally skater quueeerrss vs bikers and when thier supposedly going to be skater vs biker fights the skaters never show. thier bones are so thin they snap like twigs lol. o and they have to outnumber you atleast 8to1 before they say something like yeaa bro nice bike broo thier among the biggest panzies lol

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
stinky6, where do you ride? sammamish and woodinville are pretty cool parks, plenty o' 20's and the tonic fab team guys ride out there a bunch too. there are always going to be a-holes out there, doesn't matter it they're a booter, a pusher, or a biker.

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
stinky6, where do you ride? sammamish and woodinville are pretty cool parks, plenty o' 20's and the tonic fab team guys ride out there a bunch too. there are always going to be a-holes out there, doesn't matter it they're a booter, a pusher, or a biker.
I ride Sammamish and Woodinville once in a while. I ride with some of the Tonic guys here and there, Billy is actually the one that got me into parks.

pain

Monkey
Mar 15, 2006
big bike or small bike? i find that when ever i go to a skatepark all the bmxers wana fight me because i got a 26,

all in all, if u *dont pull ur brakes in hard enough* and *accidentally* hit one of them it would probably show them whats up..

i used to skate, id be afraid of being hit by a bike
dude you ride a full squish at the skate park lmao :bonk:

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
I actually ride a Union Street Molly and on a good day can air a couple feet out of the 7 ft quarters.

2-4 im on a fall guy props!

just making sure yer not one fo those circle groms who roams the park floor and gets in your waay.

you ride a usb, yer cool, keep it up and just ignore tha skaters, saying sh*t just provokes them, and im rightish being an ex serious skater and theyre fun to fight (skater v skater he went over the fence off the 6ft quarter, my friend beat the hell out of the kids friend, we were all skatin.

just remeber bro

you would be pissy and moody too if your pants sucked to your nuts that tightly

go shred brah

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
I ski even more than i bike, and i gotta say this sounds just like the eternal beef between the boarders and skiers.....in this case the skiers are the nice bikers who are usually better than all the boarders and dont bother anybody, and the boarders are the skateboarders who can hardly get down the hill in their prepubescent rage at the skiers........

but no matter how good either sides argument......skiers will never be better......oh well, dont care too much, i just spray them when their sitting in the middle of the hill under a knoll and let them start the fights........which happened before, and we won by the way.....:biggrin:

not particularly relevant to this thread......just thought i would throw in an analogy? if you want to call it that :hmm:

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
As somebody in here said, there are always a bunch of little skateboard turds that are trying to cause trouble, as well as some older guys who don't care what you ride/skate. The ones trying to cause trouble are just punks, I wouldn't pay them too much attention. If the older guys give you some advice about what to do, it is probably for good reason. i.e., you are being an ass somehow.

Just to lighten the mood...
How many skateboarders does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Just one, but it takes him 1000 tries to get it right! ZIIING!

jjchgo

Chimp
Apr 11, 2006
As somebody in here said, there are always a bunch of little skateboard turds that are trying to cause trouble, as well as some older guys who don't care what you ride/skate. The ones trying to cause trouble are just punks, I wouldn't pay them too much attention. If the older guys give you some advice about what to do, it is probably for good reason. i.e., you are being an ass somehow.
as a skater...this spot on. i'm 32 and i dont care who rides or skates my local park as long as youre not being a dick and you can ride/skate like you have a little bit of common sense.

cheers,

jj