Quantcast

What's wrong with this bike?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I told the guy his fork is backwards. I even kept saying it until he took off his headphones so he could hear me.

I guess the next pothole or sharp turn will make it clear...

Attachments

ghettorigged

lawn dart extraordinare
Apr 8, 2002
Killadelphia
But if the fork were on backwards, wouldn't the mounts for the brakes be on the other side? :think:

It definitely looks all kinds of wrong.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
But if the fork were on backwards, wouldn't the mounts for the brakes be on the other side? :think:

It definitely looks all kinds of wrong.
No brake mount, center-bolt cheapie caliper brake. So they mounted the brake on the wrong side too. Bravo.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
My Rocky came out of the box with the cranks mounted at 12 and 4 o'clock.

Didn't notice till I got on and pedaled...I was doped to the gills on Nyquil and codeine cough syrup at the time though.

thebornotaku

Monkey
May 19, 2008
Northern Bay Area
My Rocky came out of the box with the cranks mounted at 12 and 4 o'clock.

Didn't notice till I got on and pedaled...I was doped to the gills on Nyquil and codeine cough syrup at the time though.
:rofl:

A buddy of mine put some cranks on his bmxer, both arms at 12 o'clock. didn't realize what he had done until he got everything else buttoned up and looked at the bike from a distance. I didn't wanna say anything 'cause I wanted to see the look on his face when he realized it. Pure gold.:D

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Heh I installed my bmx cranks one spline off (7.5 degrees) and went out riding and it took me like 10 minutes to figure out why my bike felt weird.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Used to prank buddies when truvativ came out with the power spline BB. During a lunch break, I adjust the left crank arm off by one tooth. Had one guy finish the ride only to say, the last bit of climbing really kicked his arse... he didn't notice the off set arms until half way through the next ride when I asked, how he liked his pedals.