Quantcast

What's your favorite quote?

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
What's your favorite quote pertaining to downhill, it can be from a movie, a rider, or something you came up with yourself.

R

rb92078

What's your favorite quote pertaining to downhill, it can be from a movie, a rider, or something you came up with yourself.

"Dude where you live sucks! The roads are all curvy and can't drive drunk or else you'll drive off a cliff and die.." DK (Livigno 2005 World Champs):cheers:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
From my facebook page,

"Cody Warren's hope for a win at Mountain States Cup #2 in Angel Fire went flat....then came off his rim....then wrapped around his cassette."
– Decline

"Pegboy is just plain mean. He's been taunting me with his prosthetic leg for years. Once he even threatened that he was going to kick my ass with one leg tied behind his back. That's not cool. I can still hear him yelling at me from the lifts. "I'm gonna kill you, then I'm gonna sue Big bear.
Let's just hope this karma thing is real."
– W4S | Ridemonkey.com

"With a loaded AK-47, a decked out SC Bullit, and a full bottle of Jack Daniel's, you can accomplish anything."
– kail | Ridemonkey.com

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
"Racing downhill is like racing a Cat 5 road race; it's short, fast, and there's a good chance you're gonna crash."

&

"This is not an industry it's a loose connection of dickheads and deadbeats."

-ska todd

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
'pin it ya fairy' - decline from a top tube sharpie job

'Man up queer' - houseman yelled that at a dude in the start gate made me lose it

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
doood, Laz could hold the world cup at Platty on like 5 days notice. just enough time to put on a blindfold and walk down the mountain to make the course. anyone who has a problem he'll just give 'em the "shut up and ride"
one of my favs :rofl:

Salty4X

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
"i hope you flip your bike over a rock and knock your two front teeth out. John, you leave me in the trenches taking grenades you selfish son-of-a-bitch." --Vince Vaughn

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
"Ooooooooo oooooooooooooo ooooo oooooooooo oooooooooo oooooooooo oooooooooooooooo oo ooooo ooooooooooo"
- Tim March, Sam Hill's final run, Val di Sole.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Not a DH quote....but bike related....what i told one of the girls i coach the first time she went out on the Velodrome for a race. She asked from some advice on what to do right before she was headed out.

"Ride hard....turn left....and don't crash"

That got a nice look back

mccdh

Monkey
Sep 9, 2008
Comox
"peatys done for downhill what the egyptians did for construction"

-Rob Warner, 2008 World Championships Italy

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I am going to get this quote wrong so somebody else feel free to correct me, but my favorite was Palmer:

"Pot, pills, booze, coke, I have done all that $hit,
but none of it beats the feeling of winning.
Standing on top the box knowing you were the best that day........"

(that the jist of it anyway.)

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
kinda like how the USA utilizes China and other developing nations for labor, right?
hey man, better their kids working in sweat shops than American boy and girls.

and like certain toy companies containing lead in their toys or ghb from those countries? correct.

"Gafaaaaa aaa-aa-flaaaaaa-gaaaaahhh"

Missy Giove immediately after one of her many concussions.....
haha awesome