Quantcast

Whats your height - weight - size frame and TT!

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
This could have been an interesting bit of data.......but half of the posters dont even know their top tube measurement and others are posting things measured in different ways that make comparisons impossible.

Several posters have mentioned seatpost extension as well..for the record, effective top tube length has nothing to do with a seatpost or the length there of. (it is the horizontal distance from center of headtube to the center of the imaginary extension of the seat tube). Many #s posted are obviously not measured corectly.

I still think that a front-center makes the most sense. Like a horizontal distance from bottom bracket to the center of the head tube (top or bottom....maybe center distance.?.?)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I agree with you Dave, someone needs to standardize a front end length measurement that disregards front end height and head angle. This, combined with chainstay length, will tell you how a bike actually handles. Add in BB height and bar height-bb height and you've got everything you need to know.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
I'm 6'6" now. Was 6'8", but somehow I have shrunk over the years!:disgust:

250LBS And have a 36" inseam.

2007 Giant STP on the way
size long 15"
23" top tube effective
50mm stem

2004 Kona Stinky
size19"
23.0 " top tube effective
70mm Race Face Diabolus stem

2004 Kona Hoss Deelux
size 22"
24.3" effective top tube
70mm Race Face Diabolus stem

I like a semi long top tube with semi short stems. 70mm stems look fine on my bikes also!

disasterarea

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
5'9" 29" inseam = long torso short legs
tt = 22.25" measured from centre of headtube/stem interface.
stem = 70mm
bb height = ~12.5" depending on fork extension :shocked: never measured this before, no wonder I keep clipping my pedals.
chain stay = 16.5"
Saddle - all the way back

bike feels short when commuting, riding to trailhead and going uphill but OK on dj and when pointing downwards.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
I have a 32" inseam and the canfield feels pretty good. My knees are 5.5" from the bars and 4.3 from the crowns when sitting up (they are further bsck when leaning into the bars) and turn the bars completely to frame with my legs as high as they can get and its 2" from the crown at closest.
My bottom center head tube (BCHT) to bb center (BBC) is 27"
The seat tube to (BBC) 18.5"
EF TT as its set now is Top center top tube (TCTT) 22.4"

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
6'2"
190#
Medium--- Yeti ASX
Romic crown with Boxxer WC.
23" TT (eff.)

Works great for me.Pretty slack for any DH if i wanted to try..