Quantcast

What's your poison?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Celebration Ale.

Details on the homebrew, please. DETAILS. Not just, "It's a brown ale."

well since you ask... it is a "Fiesty Amber Ale" and it looks like this...

the base is a pilsner malt extract
and a couple of pounds of light dry malt extract.
some cracked dark Crystal malt and I cant remember off hand but I believe it was Liberty and Nugget hops.

If you want an exact recipe I can work one up that will yield a great beer... it may not be exactly this one but hey it's a home brew! Relax! :cheers:

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Arsenic, they never taste it till it's too lat.... uh, wait, what was the question?

when the snow flies, this is my drink of choice. leave one or two in the snow bank while you're shoveling, and it makes the job much, much more enjoyable.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Arsenic, they never taste it till it's too lat.... uh, wait, what was the question?

when the snow flies, this is my drink of choice. leave one or two in the snow bank while you're shoveling, and it makes the job much, much more enjoyable.

Tried the Alt on your suggestion. Good stuff. Has a nice sweetness at first but too sweet.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
last night with the windchill pushing a testicle-shriveling -35, my drink of choice was a talisker 18 year. like buttah! tonight, i'm thinking i'll crack the ardbeg airigh nam beist.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
well since you ask... it is a "Fiesty Amber Ale" and it looks like this...

the base is a pilsner malt extract
and a couple of pounds of light dry malt extract.
some cracked dark Crystal malt and I cant remember off hand but I believe it was Liberty and Nugget hops.

If you want an exact recipe I can work one up that will yield a great beer... it may not be exactly this one but hey it's a home brew! Relax! :cheers:
dude that bottle opener has got me in some trouble you a$$hole...

what i wouldnt do for a great divide fresh hop right now, brungeman lets hit a six pack shop you wont!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I like dark beers.

The new Henry's Classic Dark is the new cheap beer in my life. Black Butte is best, but on a budget, this stuff roxxors.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Elysian Dragonstooth stout 11.5% and a nice Rogue Deadliest ale... Nice and hoppy. Its sweet when your parents own a pub with 20+ beers on draught at any time.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
and my reply:

"1/2 off sale" summer beer 6 pack: Smuttynose Weisen, Bluepoint Summer Ale and Anchor Steam summer beer ( my 'wishing it was warmer outside' beers)