Quantcast

Wheel dish, disc brakes questions?

Feb 8, 2002
Raleigh
I've noticed my tires aren't centered in my forks or my frame. I have disc brakes. My wheels have a slightly offset dish to them, I assume to compensate for the space occupied by the rotor, hubs, etc. Is this the proper setup? I wouldn't have really noticed, but I've switched to wider tires, where clearance is important. It became more obvious with the wider tires. I've always noticed my front tires weren't centered in the fork, even with a different fork. Should I have the dish checked, and evened up some, or is this normal? Thanks to those who can help.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by DBRX10NC
I've noticed my tires aren't centered in my forks or my frame. I have disc brakes. My wheels have a slightly offset dish to them, I assume to compensate for the space occupied by the rotor, hubs, etc. Is this the proper setup? I wouldn't have really noticed, but I've switched to wider tires, where clearance is important. It became more obvious with the wider tires. I've always noticed my front tires weren't centered in the fork, even with a different fork. Should I have the dish checked, and evened up some, or is this normal? Thanks to those who can help.
Yes have it checked and then have it dished properly, if needed.