Quantcast

wheel world

zaphod1

Monkey
Oct 7, 2004
great mills md
im looking for someone who lives near a wheel world store who would be willing to walk in and purchase one of their closeout konas for me, so they can ship it to me. the bikes are crazy cheap but only sell complete bikes in store, then they can ship it to where ever.

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
they were bought by Performance Bike and that old Supergo store in Mountainview is now a Performance store. Too Bad! Supergo was a hell of a lot better than Performance.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
they were bought by Performance Bike and that old Supergo store in Mountainview is now a Performance store. Too Bad! Supergo was a hell of a lot better than Performance.
OK! Great, I thought I was losing my mind! I really do not like Performance. At least talking to anyone who works there.

I went in there about 3 years ago asking for Maxxis Highrollers. He told me that he had never heard of tires named Maxxis.

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Yeah, that does not surprise me. They employ mostly roadie types. There are some things Performance is good for as long as you know what you are looking for. They have great sales on chains, tools, tubes and occasionally clothing items. I did pick up some riding glasses with interchangeable lenses that are awesome and their in-house brand at that.