Quantcast

wheels

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
Its time for a new wheelset. I've got a 12 by 150mm rear and 20mm front. I'm looking for something cheap and tough that doesn't need to be light as a feather.

I can get a set of 8 tracks for 300 brand new but I have no idea how those wheels are.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I also really like colored wheels but they all seem to be at a high price

outlaws?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Its time for a new wheelset. I've got a 12 by 150mm rear and 20mm front. I'm looking for something cheap and tough that doesn't need to be light as a feather.

I can get a set of 8 tracks for 300 brand new but I have no idea how those wheels are.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I also really like colored wheels but they all seem to be at a high price

outlaws?
Outlaws are the way to go!!!!! Lite and strong!!!!

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
the tranny wheelset only comes in black for the 150mm

I'm thinkin outlaws cause the price is perfect

Are they the clickady click click type rear hub?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
mtx wheels are fantastic, the hubs are very reliable so far, the rear sounds good, and the rims are bomber strong.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
god damn, i cracked my mtx at whizgnar. unlucky. but mtx are bombproof, by far better than your 6.1 harry.

and your a lite and super smooth rider, consider 5.1?

EDIT

cant seem to find 5.1 complete wheelset though. except the ones off my sunday.

and the outlaws are good and cheap 300 for the set on go-ride

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
The Outlaws are good for the money, but I would go with the 8 track if you were choosing between the 2. The hubs on the Azonics aren't nearly as good as the Ringles...If you are trying to save some coin, then the Outlaws a good choice though.

Nov 9, 2005
its weird because i have been running 8 tracks for about a season now and the rear has a lot of flat spots. Now im not a really smooth rider and i ride rocky SB trails, but i dont think that 8 tracks are nearly as bombproof as some people are saying. This is just my experience and im not doubting that they are'nt strong.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
I don't have much time on it yet but I like it so far. It takes bumps well and is real lively. I just switched to a lower spring rate and I think that may slow it down some. The angles seem to be well thought out, it is real predictable.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
<---Called Neal at Transition today (we worked together at REI before he left for Transition), told him....."I need me some of those RED Transition wheels, so I can PIMP MY RIDE." He said I should have them in 2 months. YEAH!!!! And Hungry, yeah I think there only available in 135mm......LOL!!! Sundays SUCK

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
If they had the tranny wheels in red and in 150 mm id be all over them but I ordered some outlaws cause dey so cheap. I was going to get some 8 tracks but I needed something fast (you should see the dent I have in my rear 6.1)

skerb

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Clemson,SC
i have heard good things about the outlaws, i just picked up a set of the TBC revolutoins and they seem to be well built. You can call around there are still a few shops with the TBC wheelsets even though transition is sold out for 3 more weeks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I ran outlaws last year and they held up so well that I am running them again this year. Except, this time they are white!
yo that's a pimp whip. i have a diff frame, but it should be back from powdercoating end of the week (color: white) i got my coil pc'd to match. but i'm gonna have black rims and saddle, and white bars. i can't wait.

ps how are your pedals holding up? i love mine, just gotta overhaul the axle bearings. again.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
i have heard good things about the outlaws, i just picked up a set of the TBC revolutoins and they seem to be well built. You can call around there are still a few shops with the TBC wheelsets even though transition is sold out for 3 more weeks.

But, as he said, he's interested in colors and the 150 rear-spacing Revolution set does not come in colors - - only black. I know this because that is what I have. The only way to get colors is to buy the wheelset and colored rims, then relace the new rims.

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
SLC, UT
yo that's a pimp whip. i have a diff frame, but it should be back from powdercoating end of the week (color: white) i got my coil pc'd to match. but i'm gonna have black rims and saddle, and white bars. i can't wait.

ps how are your pedals holding up? i love mine, just gotta overhaul the axle bearings. again.

I wish they still made those pedals, they are still the best I have ever owned.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I wish they still made those pedals, they are still the best I have ever owned.

i will definitely second that. i think mine are like 8 or 9 years old. i will never part with them, same with my cheeta dual slalom frame (some kid offered me like $500 for it at the us open last year - just the frame. thats more than i paid for it when i bought it new 6 years ago).