Quantcast

WHEN and WHAT do you guys eat before race or hard ride?

R

richcreek

Bicyclist said:
I eat Subway (a 12" sub) 2-3 hours before a race and eat about an hour or two before hard rides and I always eat an energy bar while I'm riding. While racing I eat Powerbars during practice.
i have pretty much the same thing, but i always have an extra large mountain dew about 20min before a race.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
What does Chuck Norris eat before a fight or ride?

I was serious. The two beers fast make me ride better. Not drunk, not buzzed, just loose.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I usually dont plan to eat before normal rides...I try to grab a banana and a couple of handfulls of dry cereal and or some dried fruit...

If i am doing a huge epic i will plan a meal, usuall no dairy at all.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Man, your pre-race diets are really scaring me! Do any of you actually know what energy system you use for downhill and what macronutrient content you should have?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
ztlh13 said:
Man, your pre-race diets are really scaring me! Do any of you actually know what energy system you use for downhill and what macronutrient content you should have?
have you ever lifted the top bun off of one of vicky's burgers ?
if there's something your systems truly needs that's not in that thing, it's because it doesn't exist.

i'll be more than happy to split one with ya.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
ztlh13 said:
Sorry, come again?

dhpimp

Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
MILFS BEDROOM
RD said:
I perfer to eat babies before I race.
ROFL! That is mint !!

I have 2 pints of blended smoothes.. usually comprised of frozen fruits (melon, strawberrys, blueberries, etc..) bananas, OJ, and a bit of cinammon. Usually have this for breakfast. I have the same thing on race day, but about 1 hours before start time while chillin' at the top of the mountain i scarf down a Powerbar.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Me:
Before every ride Sam Hill eats 16 Holstein cows, an industrial drum filled with 500 raw eggs, a copy of “Barbara Streisands’ Greatest Hits”, an Olive Loaf, a Volkswagen bus, and a rejected contestant from American Idol.
Tattoo:
What does Chuck Norris eat before a fight or ride?
Sam Hill.