Quantcast

When does Mammoth mtn biking season end?

edlubba

Chimp
Aug 1, 2006
Hey all... I was planning on having my bachelor's party mid-october and I have two possible choices. Choice 1 is go to mammoth w/ all my good buds and get my ride on. I've never been to mammoth for mtn biking and looking at orven's pics makes me want to go all the more. Choice 2 is go to vegas.

I'm leaning more towards wanting to go to mammoth to mountain bike, but mid-october is real close to snowboarding season and I don't know if the lifts are still in operation for mtn bikers. Does anyone know when they officially close for trail riding?

If they're closed for the season, I guess I can console myself in the breastases of strippers at the expense of my buddies. But I'd rather they saved their cash and go ride w/ me instead. Vegas can be quite pricey on a full blown bachelor party, if you know what I mean.

Hook me up w/ the info, yo!

mammothpunks

Chimp
Sep 27, 2004
Mammoth
Lifts will be closed and there may be snow on the ground. Go to vegas instead.

Bootleg canyon might be worth checking out. Should cool off there by then. Then you can have strippers and bikes.

edlubba

Chimp
Aug 1, 2006
doh... thats what i was worrying about. thanks for chiming in on the closing dates.

this sucks! too late for mtn biking, too early for snowboarding... i guess vegas it is...

edlubba

Chimp
Aug 1, 2006
thanks for the reply mtnbrider... i'm definitely looking into it. Looks very doable and I'll still get my stripper action!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
October is a great time of year to ride a Bootleg. The weather should cool off by then, and they do a lot of trail work for Interbike.