Quantcast

When will we see 2007 Rockshox?

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
I havn't heard any info about the '07 stuff coming from RS.

I hope development of Mission Control damping and the Lyrik and Totem forks is going well. There are lots of totem prototypes floating around, but not much info on the Lyrik or how Mission Control will work or wether it will be on the DC forks.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I saw a Jim DeChamp's 2007 Rockshox DJ / urban fork the other day. Steel steering tube / chrome plated steel stanchions, probably 80mm travel and has an air spring. It felt really light on his bike. It was mint green / with grey-silver argyle plaid accents. Not sure what it was called but he said the color was called "cruel-mint". It looked pretty sweet. He told me it was one of about 6 made so far.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I don't know what their thinking is. Most steels have a higher elongation to failure than most aluminum alloys. There could be a benefit there in a DJ application if you come up short.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
Bicyclist said:
Why not just run the Pike? I wouldn't want steel stanchions.
competes with the marz dj series, all having steel stanctions.

also, its cheaper, less adjustable, and heavier than the pike.
i also thought the color was called punish-'mint'

its called the Argyle fork.

and maybe because its months ahead of interbike, its not even june yet, and they normally hold out pretty long before they release stuff publically.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
another reason for steel stanions in dj'ing and street, is the fact that when you bail, case or what have you, the fork will be able to flex more with out fatiguing as much as aluminum does. Thus not snapping like aluminum

stgil888

Monkey
Jun 16, 2004
Malibu, CA
How about abrasion resistance of steel vs. aluminum. Most steels are harder than aluminum alloys. That would be sensible for a stantion. Aluminum stantions never win when they rumble with cement ledges. Steel wouldn't be unscathed, but I think you could get away without the deeper gouges.

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
RHmoto said:
What about the boxxer? 40 mill stanchions? anyone
Probably not. It would be in testing under pro riders this season if there were going to be any major changes. So far none of the pros have been on 40mm boxxers.

But the totem FR fork has 40mm stantions and a 1.5 steerer.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
wasnt this thread about seeing the new 07' stuff for sale sometime soon...Anyone have any solid info?

I do want an argyle in punishmint :)

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
hanging out for the totem review........ mmmm, 7inch 40mm single crown with 1.5 steerer, i reckon it would go so nice on a turner DHR.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
adurham said:
will there be a 7 inch single crown with 40mm stanchions in 1 1/8?

The rumour stuff I've read so far say yes. The Totem available in 1-1/8" and 1.5" variety.

I'm highly interested if so; I'd love to replace my Boxxer Ride with the one of those! Shear gear lust. Even though it'll be a chunky single crown, I figure it'll still be at least a half pound lighter, if not more, than the Boxxer Ride.

And will probably require my selling a kidney to be able to buy one.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
maxyedor said:
The stickers on that 1.5" singlecrown look like a pile of smelly ass!
It's all opinion, but sticker placement is an art, most people are horrible at it. I think they did a pretty good job with them...

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
I can see them on 07 prototype bikes right now :)

Let me tell you, they look great and feel even better. Same goes for 07 Marzocchi.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
Tenacious Doug said:
Anyone know if the mission control going to replace or sit alongside the motion control damping? Will we see it on any other models apart from the Totem and Lyric, Pikes perhaps??

from what ive read. Mission control will be the high end stuff, and MoCo the lower end. like Marz wth RC and RC2X

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
dw said:
I can see them on 07 prototype bikes right now :)

Let me tell you, they look great and feel even better. Same goes for 07 Marzocchi.
You lucky little... :D

Bobodaclown

Monkey
Apr 16, 2005
London, England
The totems look cool I think I will order a set when they officially announce them.

My next bike will replace my DH bike and jump bike but I also want something I can trail ride with kind of a do everything bike that will rock in Les Gets and Whistler. I'm set on a Rotec KR7 or a Spec Demo 7/SX Trail.
Those forks would pretty much suit perfect.