Quantcast

When you make pizza...

Your preferred pizza making order (first to last)

• Toppings then cheese

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Cheese then toppings

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Toppings, cheese, more toppings

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Cheese, toppings, more cheese

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Something else because I just HAVE to be different (explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't make pizza because I am a cripple

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Cheese, then toppings. I made it a couple times with the toppings under the cheese and never really got used to it/liked it.

I like seeing what I'm eating, and I like most of my toppings to get a little bit crispy anyway.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I like my pizza cheese to get good and brown, and I find that works best when the cheese is on top.

We've been making pizza using Boboli shells lately. We really need to buy a decent pizza stone. We destroyed the last one we bought.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dogwonder said:
cheese then toppings. I hate having toppings buried. It's like you are eating the pizza blind, you never know what is around the next bend.
Geez. What's wrong with a little bit of surprise in life? :p

I like the toppings, baked for awhile with the crust, then the cheese added near the end to melt & brown.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Sauce, parmesan cheese, some garlic salt, herbs & spices, mozza, toppings, bit more mozza, cheddar, more herbs & spices, more parmesan. :drool: I voted cheese, toppings, cheese.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I like Crust -> Sauce -> Cheese -> Toppings -> Cheese

You have to be careful through, because it is easy to take a bite and take off the entire latey of toppings and cheese.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Tenchiro said:
I like Crust -> Sauce -> Cheese -> Toppings -> Cheese

You have to be careful through, because it is easy to take a bite and take off the entire latey of toppings and cheese.
I've had that happen with 'za straight from the oven. :eek: The sauce gave me a wicked burn on my chin. I now eat my 'za with a knife and fork when possible.

Am I the only one that makes the sauce with a little bit of the:

??

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
binary visions said:
Cheese, then toppings. I made it a couple times with the toppings under the cheese and never really got used to it/liked it.

I like seeing what I'm eating, and I like most of my toppings to get a little bit crispy anyway.
:stupid:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I work at a pizza joint. It really depends on the pizza, but it's usually cheese then toppings, and for one or two pizzas, like our Thai pizza, it's toppings, cheese toppings. 7.5 oz of cheese can go a long way.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I did put the cheese on top once, but it was to hold the toppings in place:

One red bell pepper, quartered
1/2 lb asparagus spears w/ the woody bit chopped off
Two 1/2" thick slices of vidalia onion
One thin Boboli crust
pesto
shredded cheese (I used a moz., asiago, romano, parmesan blend)

Lightly coat veggies with olive oil and then grill over medium-hot (5 second rule) coals. When done, cut peppers into slices, separate onion rings, and cut asparagus into 1" chunks.

Coat top of crust with pesto. Add onion, peppers, and asparagus, then cheese. Return to grill and cover. Cook approx. 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. :drool:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Depends on the pie, but usually cheese-stuff-a little more cheese.

Who's got a good pizza dough recipe? Other than boboli, any other store-bought stuff that works ok for you peeps?

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
First: They're YOUR toppings. Why are you afraid of biting into them?

Second: Sauce, Cheese, Toppings, Cheese, Toppings. Caveat - The last two layers are intermingled mostly and with sparse content.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
cheese is the topping.

sauce, fresh basil, cheese. cooked outside on a hot grill. the only way....

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
SkaredShtles said:
Wife makes a really good dough in the breadmaker. Just EVOO, flour, water, and salt I think............ :think:

i bet there's some yeast in there, but it sounds like my crust. add a little bit of corn meal for some crunch. it is delish.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
narlus said:
use warm enough water so the yeast grows, but not too warm so you kill them. i don't recall needing any oil.
Brush on some olive or vegetable oil before you put the sauce on, it's key to a good crust.

Raacerx

Monkey
best pizza in the world IMO would be Zacharys in Oakland/Berkeley, CA. Thick deep dish crust thats perfectly flakey. Pile on the cheese, then the ingrediants, then more cheese, then the awesome thick pizza sauce. Its more like a pasta sauce, not so thick but with huge tomatos and great spices. Ill have to say too, its almost better leftover too. The cheese keeps the ingredients great cause they are just encased. - Can it be made at home? Hell yeah!

Regular pizza, I do dough, sauce, cheese, ingrediants, and cheese again. Seems most people agree too.