Quantcast

Where can I get my frame chrome plated?

EOBF

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
Bellingham, WA
I live in Bellingham and want to get a steel frame chrome plated. Anyone know of a place to send it? Any ideas would help, I have time to wait for it.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
I've seen a nickel plated track frame... SO SICK!!! I'm going to make a track frame out of True Temper S3 tubing with barely enough tire clearance for a 23c tire and get it nickel plated... either that or copper...

I personally think getting a frame chrome plated is just a little too bling... however, depending on the bike it could be the sickest thing to roll down the streets of B-Ham!

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Used to be that all steel frames were chrome plated? Back in the day...
I think the procces for chrome plating involves nickel plating them chrome over the top. Of maybe its copper then chrome? Either way I think its something then chrome.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
At work we use a place called East Side Platers I'm not sure exactly where they are located, I'm pretty sure it's in or around Portland though.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Used to be that all steel frames were chrome plated? Back in the day...
I think the procces for chrome plating involves nickel plating them chrome over the top. Of maybe its copper then chrome? Either way I think its something then chrome.
Nickel is usually the intermediary coat between the copper and chrome. Nickel was kind of the 'poor-man's chrome' plating when we were getting motorcycles done.

oats

Chimp
Feb 14, 2005
Oregon
At work we use a place called East Side Platers I'm not sure exactly where they are located, I'm pretty sure it's in or around Portland though.
East Side Plating is out in Clackamas, we also use them as a vendor. Who do you work for?
Nathan