Quantcast

Where did bustedspoke go?

tsamps

Chimp
May 6, 2007
For the past two days I have not been able to pull up bustedspoke.com. For those who dont know, bustedspoke is a northeast bike forum just like RM. Did it get shut down, I hope not. Does anyone else have this problem, or know whats goin on.

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
Same here, I have it as my homepage and check in multiple times a day. My guess is that it's related to the recent upgrades they've been doing to the site.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Bustedspoke said:
Unfortunatly, we have experienced a hard drive failure over the weekend. The company that
we outsource our server with is in the process of restoring the database. While the database
is being restored, the forum will not accessible. We are very sorry for the down time and
are are looking into what steps need to be taken to avoid this issue again in the future.

We should be back up shortly

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Regardless of what anyone thinks of Hcor, it's one of the last "public" forums where free speech is still valued.
yeah, valued by all 5 of it's members maybe. Just because you have the right to say whatever you want doesn't mean that you should. free speech, hate speech; what's the difference, right?

springfish

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Hood River, Oregon
Opinions. That's all they are. Like it or not everyone has them and some people like to express them.

Just like your opinion seems to be that people shouldn't necessarily express them.

What's the difference?

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Opinions. That's all they are. Like it or not everyone has them and some people like to express them.

Just like your opinion seems to be that people shouldn't necessarily express them.

What's the difference?
I wish to give props for this -- I cannot locate the icon.

meh..

I smell - everyone knows it -- pass it on.

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
BS is back up.

Hcor.net is a good place to get awesome pics of gayness. You can also say whatever you want. I like it for those two reasons alone.

MogulMan

Chimp
Jun 5, 2008
BustedSpoke is back up finally. I am now looking at moving the server that the site runs on to a more "customer friendly" hosting company. I am also going to get a second server and load balance the site across the two so that if one of the servers ever goes down, the site won't go down.

I love when people get serious about riding a bicycle. Hcor is a place where people that actually ride their bikes post instead of going thru countless threads about trying to lose those last 15 grams off their downhill bikes from kids.

If it is immature, then perhaps you need to lighten up and quit worrying about whether or not to get a V-10 or an M6 or go with Highrollers or Minions or whether or not to get a boxxer or Fox because on Ridemonkey for every person that has heard that something sucks, there's another one that says it is great. Politics on a mountainbiking website???...c'mon.

Although I did find a good thread on the leatt brace yesterday here.

Yeah, I've been angry for 36 years and I'm still waiting for it to subside, but my buddies are a hell of a lot more fun than 99% of the people on this site.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I love when people get serious about riding a bicycle. Hcor is a place where people that actually ride their bikes post instead of going thru countless threads about trying to lose those last 15 grams off their downhill bikes from kids.<snip>

Yeah, I've been angry for 36 years and I'm still waiting for it to subside, but my buddies are a hell of a lot more fun than 99% of the people on this site.
I fail to see why you continue to visit a site where you don't agree with the content and find only 1% of the people to be interesting. Are you masochistic? For instance, I think the Pinkbike forums are generally made up of a bunch of immature and disrespectful punks who have nothing intelligent or interesting to say. As you can see, though, I am not posting that on their forums because I do not visit those forums.

There is such variety of sites out there to suit anyone's taste. Hanging around a site that is not to your taste is a lot more ridiculous than having a politics forum on a mountain biking website, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Well, I don't agree with Fox news, but I still look at occassionally. There are rare snippets of information to be had. Maybe he follows the same philosophy?

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
yeah, valued by all 5 of it's members maybe. Just because you have the right to say whatever you want doesn't mean that you should. free speech, hate speech; what's the difference, right?

I'm definitely not down with the term 'hate speech', once you start categorizing speech, you're one (big) step closer to banning types of it.

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Well, I don't agree with Fox news, but I still look at occassionally. There are rare snippets of information to be had. Maybe he follows the same philosophy?
I think that's even worse :p. At least a message board is actually going to contain distinct information from board to board. Anything particularly noteworthy is going to eventually be reported on by a reputable news agency.

I just think the chest thumping is silly, that's all. Wasted energy. If you're so stuck on people going out and riding instead of posting, go out and ride instead of insulting an entire message board that you're a member of and post on.

I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
Private message board. Just like private businesses. Free speech doesn't apply, and just like any business, a board is going to cultivate an atmosphere and is going to encourage or discourage certain types of posts.

ornj

Chimp
Nov 9, 2005
Do you have a newsletter I could subscribe to? ;)

Well put.
I've had an account here since 05 and I have never posted, but I thought this needed to be said. It's funny that springfish is the sole person defending hcor and he is responsible for maybe 90% of the homoerotic material that is posted on hcor.

springfish

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Hood River, Oregon
I've had an account here since 05 and I have never posted, but I thought this needed to be said. It's funny that springfish is the sole person defending hcor and he is responsible for maybe 90% of the homoerotic material that is posted on hcor.
I think this world would be a much better place if people didn't take themselves so seriously. "Inappropriate" material is super funny to me. If I'm the only one who laughs, I'm still one person laughing. :)

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
I love when people get serious about riding a bicycle. Hcor is a place where people that actually ride their bikes post instead of going thru countless threads about trying to lose those last 15 grams off their downhill bikes from kids.

If it is immature, then perhaps you need to lighten up and quit worrying about whether or not to get a V-10 or an M6 or go with Highrollers or Minions or whether or not to get a boxxer or Fox because on Ridemonkey for every person that has heard that something sucks, there's another one that says it is great. Politics on a mountainbiking website???...c'mon.

Although I did find a good thread on the leatt brace yesterday here.

Funny you should say that. There are in fact quite a few useful threads about the Leatt brace on here, bustedspoke, mtbr, and descent-world. There is a Leatt thread on Hcor too but unfortunately the subject is about "how g@y" it is if you wear one for DH.:crazy:

i'd post the link, but see below

Last edited:

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Regardless of what anyone thinks of Hcor, it's one of the last "public" forums where free speech is still valued.
Really? explain to me then why shortly after posting my comments about Hcor I can no longer access the site from my home computer? This happens rather regularly to users who they don't like. bigotry and homophobia are valued just as long as you don't say anything bad about Hcor itself. it's fine with me actually, my first visit in months (i was magically unblocked when a video of my brother knocking himself out at the Open was posted there) confirmed that nothing has changed and if anything has gotten worse. Keep access limited if you want, but don't pretend it's the last bastion of 'free-speech' on the internet when it most certainly comes nowhere close. :stosh:

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Really? explain to me then why shortly after posting my comments about Hcor I can no longer access the site from my home computer? This happens rather regularly to users who they don't like. bigotry and homophobia are valued just as long as you don't say anything bad about Hcor itself. it's fine with me actually, my first visit in months (i was magically unblocked when a video of my brother knocking himself out at the Open was posted there) confirmed that nothing has changed and if anything has gotten worse. Keep access limited if you want, but don't pretend it's the last bastion of 'free-speech' on the internet when it most certainly comes nowhere close. :stosh:
Hah. I have to interject here. There is no conspiracy keeping you off hcor. There are a lot of people, myself included (I can get on from work, but not home), who are unable to access the site because the amount of redirects involved. It's been mentioned several times in threads, Taz hasn't got around to troubleshooting the problem. Heck, for a while it was redirecting me to disney.com

Wow, I didn't really mean to stir the pot. So, yeah, 99% of this site sucks, but the 1% (the leatt brace thread) is useful to me. So with 2 kids a wife and a job that keeps me on the road 70% of the time, the threads about sub 40lb. DH bikes and the like are silly.

I'm not a big poster (you can tell by my post count, how much time do you have to waste to get like thousands of posts?...anyway...), but you would probably have noticed that my post last night was at 11:40pm. I don't usually ride that late, so I was doing this. Incidentally, I spent 2 hours on my trail bike in 90 deg heat today..did you or were you here posting?

So personally, I am serious enough worrying about my family, work, etc. To try to be serious about my hobby which is BIKE RIDING just seems silly to me. I race Expert DH, I have a few bikes, I've spent as much money as anyone else, but it's a hobby and is really made better by my friends.

Anyway, be serious, call the stuff they do immature, judge them, but I guarantee they are having more fun than you. Isn't that what most things boil down to?

I'll try not to judge you.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
Wow, I didn't really mean to stir the pot. So, yeah, 99% of this site sucks, but the 1% (the leatt brace thread) is useful to me. So with 2 kids a wife and a job that keeps me on the road 70% of the time, the threads about sub 40lb. DH bikes and the like are silly.

I'm not a big poster (you can tell by my post count, how much time do you have to waste to get like thousands of posts?...anyway...), but you would probably have noticed that my post last night was at 11:40pm. I don't usually ride that late, so I was doing this. Incidentally, I spent 2 hours on my trail bike in 90 deg heat today..did you or were you here posting?
Well, even if you rack up 1000 post a year that works out to less than 3 a day. I've answered at least 3 emails of longer length than your average RM post before 7:30 each morning so it really isn't that hard to find the time.

I timed it, this post took 1 1/2 minutes. So basically i need 4 1/2 minutes every day to get 1000 posts annually :nerd:

Anyway, be serious, call the stuff they do immature, judge them, but I guarantee they are having more fun than you. Isn't that what most things boil down to?

I'll try not to judge you.
You're right, grown men treating a mtn. bike message board like a middle school boys' locker room is in fact the path to happiness. What else could possibly be that much fun?

Last edited: