Quantcast

Where did bustedspoke go?

Clearly you are more moral, intelligent and in general a better person than the rest of us.

Tell us then, how should we behave? Like you? Your life and everything you do must be perfect and humorless. Good job.

From now on I will send a note off to Ridemonkey to make sure the tightasses like you are OK with things that have nothing to do with you.

Incidentally, if you ever met any one of these guys, they would offer you a burger, a beer and a seat at a fire and you would laugh all day. They are a mix of races and backgrounds, ages and professions and you will find no hatred toward anyone. Maybe those of you that are hating and seeing bigotry in the antics are really the ones with the problem.
Look, I'm about as far from gay as you can be, but pictures of gay men and some of the other crazy crap bother you or make you laugh...your response says something about you. It just makes me laugh.

Wow, this is ridiculous...I should have found something better to do by now.

Anyway, I wanted to make a comment about the previous comment about the leatt brace thread on HCOR. If you would have read beyond the original ignorant post on the thread, you would have found an interesting discussion with some experiences and well thought out points.

It wasn't about how gay it is.

I just ordered the new adventure ($200) version from my local MX shop.

Remember when DH was with open face helmets and closed face seemed like overkill? I think a few years from now we'll all be wearing neck braces...if we're smart.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Incidentally, if you ever met any one of these guys, they would offer you a burger, a beer and a seat at a fire and you would laugh all day. They are a mix of races and backgrounds, ages and professions and you will find no hatred toward anyone.
I'd be surprised if any more than 2% of the Ridemonkey population did anything different than that. There's a lot of comradely among riders and frankly, you've got an open seat at my grill or beer cooler any time - as does virtually anyone on this board. I can't even think of an exception off my head.

I don't know exactly what kind of response you expected after you insult the entire population of a message board. If I walked into a crowded room and announced that 99% of them were jerks, I certainly would be expecting a negative response... and wouldn't dub them "humorless" or "tightasses" just because they don't want to crack gay jokes all day. I love ridiculous, juvenile jokes, as long as they don't need to be inserted into every single conversation.

Unfortunately, my experience here is just allowing the beginnings of such conversations inevitably spreads across the entire board and all the posts. Give an inch, and everyone takes a mile. When the "free speech" we're suppressing is gay jokes and flaming, well, I'm okay with that.

I don't know exactly what kind of response you expected after you insult the entire population of a message board. If I walked into a crowded room and announced that 99% of them were jerks, I certainly would be expecting a negative response... and wouldn't dub them "humorless" or "tightasses" just because they don't want to crack gay jokes all day. I love ridiculous, juvenile jokes, as long as they don't need to be inserted into every single conversation.

Unfortunately, my experience here is just allowing the beginnings of such conversations inevitably spreads across the entire board and all the posts. Give an inch, and everyone takes a mile. When the "free speech" we're suppressing is gay jokes and flaming, well, I'm okay with that.
Firstly I didn't bring the negative comments. That started with Lee and his comments about Hcor. So yeah I expected some folks to come back at me.

I think your comment about free speech just put us back in time 250yrs. Let's not stop with suppressing comments you don't like, let's burn some books and skip trial by jury. Suppression is a slippery slope.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I think this world would be a much better place if people didn't take themselves so seriously. "Inappropriate" material is super funny to me. If I'm the only one who laughs, I'm still one person laughing. :)
I agree 100%
There is very very inappropriate material that was posted on hcor yesterday that involves me, i do not care. I actually think it is funny. I'm not a tightass either.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I think your comment about free speech just put us back in time 250yrs. Let's not stop with suppressing comments you don't like, let's burn some books and skip trial by jury. Suppression is a slippery slope.
Um, no. Try again.

This isn't a public arena. You don't have freedom of speech here. It's a privately held website.

I would never suggest that such actions be regulated by the government. If a store owner tells me I need to stop with the gay slurs or get out, though, he's entirely within his rights. The same thing applies here - if you want ultimate free speech, start your own website.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
Buffoonery aside, please read the following from Taz regarding problems accessing Hcor:

I know that a few of you are getting blocked from Hcor on occasion. This has to do with the security software I run on the site to keep all the wanaba hacker script kiddies out of the site. If you do get blocked, please send me an email with your IP address (it will tell you the IP address when you get blocked or you can go to http://www.myipaddress.com to get it) and I will put you in my "do not block" list.

Thanks!
Brady
bowens@hcor.net