Quantcast

Where did you ride today?

Ruffles

Chimp
Apr 3, 2012
Selah, Wa
I did some city riding today to drop off and pick up applications for a different job. No pics as I'm sure you've all seen a crowded 4 lane road full of dumb*** people in their cars trying to figure out how to manuever around a guy on his bike. It was eventful to say the least...got some looks, some honks, and couple F-you's! Oh well haha.

Ruffles

Chimp
Apr 3, 2012
Selah, Wa
25 mile "just for fun" ride today. Rode around my city making sure to get on the road and make myself seen. Got back home and was surprised at how un-tired my legs and heart were :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I rode Bent Creek for a fun little hour ride and had the entire place all to myself at 7:30am this morning. In the office at 9am! Tacky and fast like Gorillas in the Mist were the conditions! :thumb:
Bent Creek 2012.jpg

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Single speed MTB...plus a bunch of upgrades, $$$??...hoping my wife doesnt realize how much I have spent over the years...too many-too old riding and camping clothes to commute in...jeez, I dont know what I paid for and what was issued to me...old ratty helmet, $125 a long time ago...cool sunglasses, $150 on special...not spending $$ on gas for commute...getting up at dawns crack for a 10k commute, getting some cardio in and seeing wildlife (A HUGE Hawk most days, looking for breakfast...not me I move too fast. I hope.) along the trail and staus on the Autobahn...priceless. Bike commutes rule...

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
I've rode my rode bike all week. 15 miles per day. I'll have to try to catch a pic of the Mt Rainier view I have coming into the valley :)

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Right in the back yard...
This entrance smells like a sack of smashed a$$holes....:)

Just past the smelly hole in the forest

New Bridge!!

Old bridge

High, off kilter, skinny bridge

Unfortunately, I have no A/C to retreat to...but it's worth it to have what I have here.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I rode the jumps at McDowell until I got blown off of them by a big ass, and unexpected, thunder storm. Last launch I landed 4' past the transition, 5' to the right, 100% on my taint. It was rad. The ranger told us it was time to go home when the first wild fire started.

Needed the rain though.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I had to take Mrs JohnE to pick up her car this morning...I get mine back, so I drive to work. Get there in time for a staff meeting. Yeah me. I wanna ride to work...plus there is something fun about getting naked in the office

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
At one place where we ride, there is a skinny over a 4 foot deep ditch that is a 2x4 turned on it's side.
Yeah...no. I only ride to maintain my old body in order to keep doing this 3 or 4 days a week...

I'll leave all that other riding to the people with good insurance and the ability to perform their job while all fvcked up.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Not gonna ride anywhere for the next four days. Going to Portland to get some NW vacation time!

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
bbbbbbb2.jpg

I built this thing up last night with random stuff i had kicking around the house. Old norco DJ frame, 26" fixed with a cog bolted onto a disk hub, brake held together with zip ties. Its obnoxious, ugly, and terrifying to ride. Thank goodness i mounted a 26 of vodka to the handle bars to keep me relaxed

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
I got out of my cast yesterday, but my hand is still healing. I was going to ride around on my road bike around my house to see how bad it hurt and 200 yards from my driveway, I have this story........

Unbelievable. Doc told me I could "try" to ride my road bike as long as the pain is not too bad, so last night I was going to ride around for a few minutes to test it. I turned left out of driveway rode 200 yards, and a truck is passing me from behind.
As it is going by, I see something out of the corner of my eye, and I do some "Matrix" manuever to dodge it. Some low class white trash wonder threw a full coke bottle at me as hard as he could going 45 mph. Thank God for his family's consistent inbreeding, because his aim was off just enough to miss my head by a foot. And to prove how dumb this cat actually is, he did it too close to his home. I now know where he lives. I was planning just to go down to his work at the county fair where he operates the tilt a whirl, but I now have other options. Don't poop where you sleep. Game on.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
There is a time and a place to take up for the area you live in. This is not one of those times.
You two are right.
I really realized it yesterday when I got off on some side roads of already back roads while looking for this dude's house. Just a couple of miles away.......cue the banjo music.:panic:

And sorry for poo pooing in a cool thread. I will be back soon with riding pics.