Quantcast

Where do I ride in Tahoe in Oct?

Zilla

Chimp
Aug 20, 2004
Dreaming
I'm visiting Tahoe from October 18 - 24 and was wondering where to ride. I noticed Northstar closes on the 10th for Downhilling and its too early for snowboarding... :help: Is there any cool xc trails? Any suggestions would be awesome....Thanks

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Zilla said:
I'm visiting Tahoe from October 18 - 24 and was wondering where to ride. I noticed Northstar closes on the 10th for Downhilling and its too early for snowboarding... :help: Is there any cool xc trails? Any suggestions would be awesome....Thanks

I replied to your PM. What are you bringing for a bike? The trail I was telling you about in the PM can definitely be done w/o a full on DH bike. In my opinion if you like riding a mix of XC and FR type stuff a lighter bike that can be pedal'd, but still take a beating would be good if you have something like that.

Zilla

Chimp
Aug 20, 2004
Dreaming
I can either bring my Stinky or my Fuel. I was thinking I would bring the Fuel b/c there won't be any lifts open, and I hate pedaling that Stinky!

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
Zilla said:
I can either bring my Stinky or my Fuel. I was thinking I would bring the Fuel b/c there won't be any lifts open, and I hate pedaling that Stinky!
yeah, i would have to say bring the fuel too. Also, if you don't have some already you'll probably want some tires that do well in loose dirt/sand.

dsb1829

Chimp
Aug 25, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Hit up the spooner shuttle to Mount Rose and ride the rim trail back. Great ride, just goes on for a few hours depending on the pace.

I can also recommend doing the kingsbury grade side of the trail as well. Long climb, but a long downhill when you head back too.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
gborden said:
no...bring the stinky and go ride 3 arrows down or missing link or something.
Why don't you shut your fvckin pie hole?

I don't remember seeing you working on either of those trails, and obviously much less giving a rat's ass about preserving them. And if you need a 7 inch travel bike to ride either of those, you are hereby addressed as the "little girl that couldn't" from here on out.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
kidwoo said:
Why don't you shut your fvckin pie hole?

I don't remember seeing you working on either of those trails, and obviously much less giving a rat's ass about preserving them. And if you need a 7 inch travel bike to ride either of those, you are hereby addressed as the "little girl that couldn't" from here on out.
are these secret? i am willing to put time in working on stuff to get clued in on it.

Zilla

Chimp
Aug 20, 2004
Dreaming
Can't wait for loose dirt and sand...after riding Snowshoe last weekend...Mudfest, I mean Mayhem in the Mountains it will be a welcome change!!!