Quantcast

Where do you look for news?

I have been using Google News to browse what's going on, but I'm getting tired of seeing crap like Breitbart pop up as a source. If I look at Microsoft's Bing, there's a lot of Fox crap.

There must be a web source of news that filters out blatant junk...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I too have Google News as my daily go to, with deeper forays into NPR, Reuters, BBC, huff post, Washington Post, the Times, and yes, even fox (to see what those guys are up to...)

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
I too have Google News as my daily go to, with deeper forays into NPR, Reuters, BBC, huff post, Washington Post, the Times, and yes, even fox (to see what those guys are up to...)
I too will check out Fox and associated on occasion.
The best part is always the comments.
It is a whole other reality in there - wait I guess "reality" is not the correct term, but you know what I mean.:rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Washington Post is my go-to. That plus the links at the bottom right of Google News to Atlantic stories, etc.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
This may prove interesting....

I love The Atlantic.

Get most of my news from NPR or the B'b. Google news feed as well, though I'd love to know how that algorithm works because it sure gives me a lot of Brietbart/red state/daily caller. "Because you've shown interest in Donald Trump". Yea google, I have interest, but only in watching him swing at The Hauge, kind of interest.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I love The Atlantic.

Get most of my news from NPR or the B'b. Google news feed as well, though I'd love to know how that algorithm works because it sure gives me a lot of Brietbart/red state/daily caller. "Because you've shown interest in Donald Trump". Yea google, I have interest, but only in watching him swing at The Hauge, kind of interest.
Since I changed my Facebook DOB to 1996, I've been getting tons of encouragement to join the military.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
BBC
Then Trumpet happened so I branched out to Politico and WashPost.

Also the local Denver Post site.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
The AP News app is pretty good. They stick to the facts.

If you look at other "news" agencies half their facts come from AP and then they just put their particular spin on it.