Quantcast

Where do you practice for DH?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Nah, 38's not closed.....I went up there Memorial Day weekend (rode sat and sun) saw like 4 other trucks up there shuttlin'....good practice for all those wide open rock faces that the 2 Beacon races threw at me....NOT!!! :nopity: :nopity: sigh....maybe I'll go ride Whistler finally... :love: :love: :love:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Secret Squirrel said:
Nah, 38's not closed.....I went up there Memorial Day weekend (rode sat and sun) saw like 4 other trucks up there shuttlin'....good practice for all those wide open rock faces that the 2 Beacon races threw at me....NOT!!! :nopity: :nopity: sigh....maybe I'll go ride Whistler finally... :love: :love: :love:
You ride the White rotec with a monster? Shuttle in a jeep?? If so we saw ya a while back. We were in the big white truck........

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Secret Squirrel said:
God, and I was hopping it could be kept on the DL :rolleyes:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
oly said:
I was on the red DHR.. We were riding sort of opposite you and had been there most the day so we were beat and took off after a while.... ... oh yea... keep it on the DL :rolleyes:

Yeah....I saw ya. I got there and I was wondering if anyone else was riding...all of a sudden I heard the telltale din of broken washing machines!!! Oh don't worry. I will...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I never knew it was even closed....even after I found the meth lab....ssshhhh!!!

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
downhillracer said:
Where does everyone practice in the pacific northwest for downhill races?
Is exit 38 still closed?
:help:
Don't just limit yourself to riding one area or doing just DH runs. Try dirt jumping, street(urban), and if you can, hit some super techy trails with stunts. Doing this will make you a more well rounded rider and you will become more comfortable in all the aspects of DH. Plus there are some killer places to ride around here.

Try these areas:
Whistler
SST
The Shore
Woodlot
Sqaumish
Capital Forest

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
down the stairs in my house.....but wait a min i don't race anymore because NS is only an hour away so fflllbbbbbtttt

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I practice at my house.
Speaking of races, isn't there one in Idaho this weekend?
How much money should I plan on spending??

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
ioscope said:
I practice at my house.
Speaking of races, isn't there one in Idaho this weekend?
How much money should I plan on spending??
Yeah, roof drops really get me up for those fast sections!!! ;) ;) :thumb:

Yeah, Silver Mt., ID and um....like 55 bucks (no license) if you haven't pre-registered.....depending on class, it might be more.....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

holliswood said:
Don't just limit yourself to riding one area or doing just DH runs. Try dirt jumping, street(urban), and if you can, hit some super techy trails with stunts. Doing this will make you a more well rounded rider and you will become more comfortable in all the aspects of DH. Plus there are some killer places to ride around here.

Try these areas:
Whistler
SST
The Shore
Woodlot
Sqaumish
Capital Forest

all this form this guy? and he gave way al my secrets..no one knew about the shore it was my lil secret lolIVE GOT NOTHING NOW!! :D
j/k

when he saw the road gap is was salmost like super man, he tore off his smith sweatshirt and hat and ripped off his volcom jeans and had the AZONIC gear on uner...and with a deep voice much like Superman said.."hey guys look a road gap, Ill do it" as if it was a kid in danger and he was going to rescue him :D

I LOVE THE COFFEE!!!!! :D

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
I found a pretty sic downhill trail up by suntop at Greenwater. It is 1.7 miles long, but you have to hike it, there is no way to shuttle. It is nothing techinical at all, no drops, no jumps. But it is some nice haul ass stuff. The trail is smooth with and straight wih nice corners. Sounds kinda dumb i know. But its a good place to ride after a hard day and race your friends down the bitch. I am going tmrw after i jump off of a house in renton, ride a little sst, and shorline. If anyone wants to tag along, let me know.

Jeremy

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
i dont care what time, i have my phone wiht me all the time. if i am sleeping it will wake me up and i will answer it. Although it is looking like sunday might be a better day for me, or later on saterday. whoever wants to go can just meet me somewhere in MV and i will pick you up.

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Another spot that hasnt been mention is Gooseberry Flats up in the Taneum. While most of the Washington riders were wasting time driving to Whistler etc. a couple of Ellensburgers Graham and TJ were running Gooseberry Flats last year. They went to Schweitzer and were 3rd and 7th in their Sport divisions. I think Grahams 3rd was the highest by any Washington finisher in his Sport division.

Anyway the lowdown on Gooseberry Flat is that it is only 1.2 miles long and it drops 700 feet. Bring someone with you to drive the shuttle because you will be at the bottom when they get their-its that fast. The road up from Taneum Junction is about 3.3 miles to the trail which falls straight down. You wont have to pedal. If I was doing some training I might break it up with Taneum Ridge Roller which also drops into the Junction. The Ridge Roller drops about 950 over two miles and is a little more XC oriented. You will also have to pedal for about a quarter mile before it starts a continuous drop. Something to think of when its raining on the west side its probably dry over here. ;)

Universe

Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Courtenay, BC
holliswood said:

Try these areas:
Whistler
SST
The Shore
Woodlot
Sqaumish
Capital Forest
COURTENAY
:sneaky:

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
bibs said:
all this form this guy? and he gave way al my secrets..no one knew about the shore it was my lil secret lolIVE GOT NOTHING NOW!! :D
j/k

when he saw the road gap is was salmost like super man, he tore off his smith sweatshirt and hat and ripped off his volcom jeans and had the AZONIC gear on uner...and with a deep voice much like Superman said.."hey guys look a road gap, Ill do it" as if it was a kid in danger and he was going to rescue him :D

I LOVE THE COFFEE!!!!! :D
All this from a one armed, no bike, and no mini-van driving sucka"!!!!!!!!

SMARTASS!